91 Nsx

I'm seriously considering a 91 NSX with 29,000 miles. It is well maintained and in showroom condition. It is however within the "snap ring" range, and soon will need a new water pump!
How much does it usually cost to change the above mentioned items so that I can take that into account in the price of the car?
thanks for your replies.

See the FAQ section here at the Prime . goto:
maintence-
Routine NSX Maintenace.

Skyguy

dascar said:
I'm seriously considering a 91 NSX with 29,000 miles. It is well maintained and in showroom condition. It is however within the "snap ring" range, and soon will need a new water pump!
How much does it usually cost to change the above mentioned items so that I can take that into account in the price of the car?
You say it "soon" will need a new "water pump". The water pump and the timing belt are usually changed at the same time, because they require the same labor to access them. I suspect the car is way overdue for both services if it needs either one; the recommendation for the timing belt service is 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first, and I'm betting it still has the original timing belt. (Right?)

Most places charge $1200-1500 to change the timing belt and water pump, including parts and labor.

Just because it is in the snap ring range, doesn't mean that anything needs to be done (unless the snap ring fails). Read the section in the FAQ called Transmission (incl Snap Ring) under the Troubleshooting heading. Also read my post in this recent topic.

Back