'91 NSX with I, E, 150lb. weight reduction vs. 2005 Audi S4

From 60mph to 110mph, I pulled ahead about 3-4 car lengths. I braked and slowed down. Then he kept going and passed me... :rolleyes:

The S4's are nice looking cars and I like them, especially the interiors. I guess the AWD slows them down on the highway? I thought it was going to be a dead even run. If I was looking for an AWD 300+hp car, I still would go with the Volvo S60-R though.

AutoVation said:
From 60mph to 110mph, I pulled ahead about 3-4 car lengths. I braked and slowed down. Then he kept going and passed me... :rolleyes:

The S4's are nice looking cars and I like them, especially the interiors. I guess the AWD slows them down on the highway? I thought it was going to be a dead even run. If I was looking for an AWD 300+hp car, I still would go with the Volvo S60-R though.

Interesting, As you may remember I just got rid of my 05 S4 after 6 months. An awesome car. I would have guessed the NSX would spank it! 0-60 is tough due to long shifts and the in-ability to bang the gears. Highway speed blasts are exciting. Very heavy car but overall solid performer. I miss it, but the M5 has made the pain hurt a little less.:biggrin:

AutoVation said:
If I was looking for an AWD 300+hp car, I still would go with the Volvo S60-R though.

Your kidding right?:confused:

The Kid said:

Nope, I like the S60-R a lot. Safe as anything and besides, S4's are everywhere (hey, was that an S4 or an A4:confused: :wink: ). S60-R is pretty rare around here.

Their interior is much nicer/plusher than the S4 (especially the gauges!). The exterior is much nicer too IMO.

I looked at the Volvo R models...nice cars. Audi destroys them on the interior tho...which is why I went with the S6 Avant. I think the V70 R comes in a close 2nd.

rollin'...

What tires (ie. make/model/size) & what I/E (ie. AIS, filter, box... Taitec lightweight, Dali SS Rice-Rocket, Tubi-Style v.1...)?

Your NSX sounds very similar to mine, at the moment...

AIS w/ K&N, Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust & weight reduction via:

(-) spare/bracket = 32.5lbs.
(-) tools = 15lbs.
(-) engine-cover = 15lbs.
(-) floormats = 12.5lbs.
(-) exhaust = 15lb.
(-) suspension = 12.5lbs.
(-) brakes = 7.5lbs.
(-) battery = 5lbs.
(-) wheels = 10lbs.

(-) NET = 125lbs.

On topic...

RS4's... :eek:

Re: rollin'...

Osiris_x11 said:

Id rather spend my $70k on an 05 NSX leftover! What an over priced waste:frown:

Klayton said:

Nope im serious, Id buy an used E39 M5 and save myself $40k. $40k goes a long way:wink:

Pretty simple minded to talk bad about a car because of it's price compared to a used car, but to each his own.

I guess you've never driven one to comment that bad about the car, and therefore got no idea what an amazing car the RS4 is, you should testdrive it if it's already available in the US.

The Kid said:
Id rather spend my $70k on an 05 NSX leftover! What an over priced waste:frown:

I'd also go for a residual '05 NSX-T... :cool:

However the RS4 is perhaps the most exciting/crazy 4-door under $100k! It's amazing that for $65k-$70k, arguably the best premium luxury-sedan (LS430/460) & the best performance sports-sedan (RS4) can be acquired while outclassing makes/models 2-3x the cost!

Klayton said:
Pretty simple minded to talk bad about a car because of it's price compared to a used car, but to each his own.

I guess you've never driven one to comment that bad about the car, and therefore got no idea what an amazing car the RS4 is, you should testdrive it if it's already available in the US.

I just got rid of an 05 S4 6 speed for $40k with 7k miles and I couldnt imagine spending and addtional $30k for the RS4. That thing would have to be pretty insane and I doubt it would be. The car magazines are only mildly impressed and its alot of money. $70k can get you a new EVO or STI which is just as quick and still have money for a immaculate 91-92 NSX with crazy low miles. The car outpriced itself, I dont care how nice it is. Shit, id take a C6 Z06 over an RS4:biggrin:

Klayton said:
ROFL, hahahaha, wow can't stop laughing.. phew.... thanks.. made my day. What a great statement. *sniff*
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You're comparing an RS4 with an EVO?

muhahahaha.

Sorry, there's more to life than #'s. I think most people consider the NSX overpriced at $70k for what you get. (essentially a 15yr old car).

I've been in the RS4...it doesn't dissapoint.
Would I buy one? Nope...but I think it's worth every penny for what you get.

DrVolkl said:
I looked at the Volvo R models...nice cars. Audi destroys them on the interior tho...which is why I went with the S6 Avant. I think the V70 R comes in a close 2nd.

Two items... the gauges in the S60-R are the nicest I have seen in any car and have you sat in the S60-R seats? My recliners at home are not that comfortable. Seriously, they are nice. :smile: I also like the blue stitching and the baseball glove colored interior!

Osiris_x11 said:
What tires (ie. make/model/size) & what I/E (ie. AIS, filter, box... Taitec lightweight, Dali SS Rice-Rocket, Tubi-Style v.1...)?

Your NSX sounds very similar to mine, at the moment...

AIS w/ K&N, Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust & weight reduction via:

(-) spare/bracket = 32.5lbs.
(-) tools = 15lbs.
(-) engine-cover = 15lbs.
(-) floormats = 12.5lbs.
(-) exhaust = 15lb.
(-) suspension = 12.5lbs.
(-) brakes = 7.5lbs.
(-) battery = 5lbs.
(-) wheels = 10lbs.

(-) NET = 125lbs.

On topic...

RS4's... :eek:

Volk TE-37 17/18's 215 up front and 275 in the back, Taitec GTLW and downforce filter

I've got all the same weight reductions except for a few more pounds off the exhaust :wink: and the battery. I might have a few more pounds sitting the drivers seat though, LOL.

The Kid said:
Nope im serious, Id buy an used E39 M5 and save myself $40k. $40k goes a long way:wink:

Can't you get a new M5 for $80k? I think you would need $40k in addition to a used E39 for maintenance...:tongue:

Your question will have an eeriely coincidental feel, although at a much much higher level of modifications...

See you all in 3-4 months,

Regards,

Back