'91 NSX, 107K miles, 29K

What do you guys think of this car? Does anybody know who owns/owned it?

I want to make an offer of 24K, which i believe is more then reasonable for a well maintained '91 with almost 110k miles on it.

I'm just hesitant that since the car is from Seattle, rain and rust might be an issue. Also with already 110k miles, i'm not sure how much more miles this car will go on longer for. I know i've read stories of NSX's going for over 200k plus, but i believe those cars are rare. I've been on the market for a well maintained NSX for $25K or less. Its been tough. It either gets bought immediately or there's always some hidden problems.

Any opinions?

02 + wheels are like 2to3 k alone , plus audio upgrades plus rear valance. nice interior thats actually pretty cheap esp if it has service records. but it doesnt hurt to try an neg the price

What do you guys think of this car? Does anybody know who owns/owned it?

I want to make an offer of 24K, which i believe is more then reasonable for a well maintained '91 with almost 110k miles on it.

I'm just hesitant that since the car is from Seattle, rain and rust might be an issue. Also with already 110k miles, i'm not sure how much more miles this car will go on longer for. I know i've read stories of NSX's going for over 200k plus, but i believe those cars are rare. I've been on the market for a well maintained NSX for $25K or less. Its been tough. It either gets bought immediately or there's always some hidden problems.

Any opinions?

One of the earliest NSX that I know of. Very well taken care of, I'm positive everything is up to date and done by Acura of Lynnwood.

I'm sure the owner will post here.

Comes with an extra set of wheels as well

Last edited:
yeah but I dont understand the Racing seat belts did this thing have a SC and the owner returned the car to stock?

who puts that in a stock NSX I mean wow.

yeah but I dont understand the Racing seat belts did this thing have a SC and the owner returned the car to stock?

who puts that in a stock NSX I mean wow.

I totally want blue racing seat belts in my car shawn. Those make u feel like your a part of the car. If they just bolted to stuff i would but i dont wana put a bar in the car :(

I've been on the market for a well maintained NSX for $25K or less. Its been tough. It either gets bought immediately or there's always some hidden problems.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

To the Original Poster on his comment of finding a fully documented with all maintenance up to date for 24k or less - AIN"T HAPPNIN! Not now - not ever unless it has even more miles on it.

Like one of my buddies here opined: if you can't afford a good one - you damn sure can't afford a bad one. What you're looking for is a "unicorn". I haven't seen anything like a good one for 24k or less.

Another here said save another 5k and get a much nicer one! That's true - bout a year and a half ago I bought a nice one for 28k and put 5k in it in maintenance items - some it may not have had to have but for the most part it needed that. I've put over 6k in my car since I bought it. That car was a 91 silver with 43k miles on it. I may have paid a little too much but not a lot. Maybe 1k.

What I'm trying to say is that the purchase price is just the beginning - you need to be prepared with any car you buy to spend some serious bucks to make it really right. Now you may find one that has some deferred maintenance like the TB/WP/Hoses not up to date - lots out there like that - so you might say I'll fix that later and just drive the car but then you'll start worrying about it and need to do that service and while you're at it you'll find the shocks are blown or not up to proper operation - you know what if you don't have the money to fix it - you'll then have to sell it. I've seen it many times - guys buy one with high miles and deferred maintenance and end up selling because it will cost them so much to get it like they want it they can't afford to do it so they sell. And once again another car goes on the abused and neglected "casualty list".

If you don't want to be one of "those guys" then listen to those that have been watching here at prime a long time.

You can't expect to come on the board with a narrow view of things and try to cram a square peg in a round hole. You keep looking for something you're describing with hopes you find the hidden gem - there is no free lunch - they might look like it but they'll bite you in the butt most likely - -99% of the time.

I've seen one car that appeared and was gone in a week - it was a 60k mile car for 26k - one owner and almost completely up to snuff with some good mods- the guy sold cheap and everyone was scrambling to get it - but usually there are only a few looking at any one time - if you don't really know what you're looking at or have a pre concieved idea of what you want or are wondering if you can scrape up the bucks for it, by the time you get around to figuring it out - IT'S GONE!

So do yourself a favor and be prepared - the best way to do that is to have your funds ready - have enough to fix the car after you buy it - which you should figure on 5k just as a safety factor - then have a solid amount you'll spend and look around at the list long enough to get a real good idea what certain dollar levels are going to get you. Don't go at this thing with maybe I have 23k and could perhaps stretch it to 24k if I borrowed 1500 from my brother and think you have enough for a car. I can tell you that is a formula for not keeping a car very long.

Remember the older the car and the more miles it has the more you will spend most likely fixing it up for the long haul. Also a 100k mile car is not too many miles - these cars don't just go 125k - they will go 300k and 400k without an engine build. But things do get worn out - there is no way around it - lower mileage cars or those below 75k are going to be nicer than those over 125k plain and simple.

You find one with 40k +/- and you'll find a nice one with little wear on the interior. Ask yourself - do I want a "project car"? Project cars are fine if you are an ace mechanic, have tools, have funds to rebuild and buy parts - they are not for the guy with bailing wire and duct tape! :wink:

Last edited:
Back