91 market value

I'm not a big follower of the market value of the nsx's, but wanted to get some input from those who follow it more closely than i. I have a first year silver/black 5 speed car with 25k miles which has always been garaged, and is bone stock and in excellent condition. It was out of snap ring range and had the timing belt done several years ago, as well as recharged the a/c. Other than replacing the bose speakers, i've never had any issues with the car and have all paperwork and history from new. What do you think the car is worth in today's market?

You could say I follow the market. :wink:

I would say the value is in the mid to high 30s, possibly low 40s if you are willing to wait a long time for the right buyer.

Sebring Silver is a rare color (458 IIRC), and low-mileage, well-kept examples are hard to find.

You could say I follow the market. :wink:

I would say the value is in the mid to high 30s, possibly low 40s if you are willing to wait a long time for the right buyer.

Sebring Silver is a rare color (458 IIRC), and low-mileage, well-kept examples are hard to find.

Only if he's also the 1st and only owner. Otherwise low 30s in my opinion in today's economy (recession).

If this helps you out, i owned a 01 silver/black automatic that had 63K miles, new TB WP and i was the 3rd owner. thats 16 years divided by 63K miles..... everything was stock . I owned it for 8 months and made 5K dollars, so yes I think it was the first post that was correct, mid 30's to very low 40's is fair.....hope my expierence helps.......

and IF ANYONE CAN FIND ME ANOTHER AUTO, IM BUYING, AND MONEY IS NOT AN OBJECT AT THIS POINT.

and IF ANYONE CAN FIND ME ANOTHER AUTO, IM BUYING, AND MONEY IS NOT AN OBJECT AT THIS POINT.

There's a few in the for sale section. 01 Blue, 92 Black. That's just on the first page.

What do you think the car is worth in today's market?
$34-37K. Of course, if you're placing an ad to sell it, the price listed is your asking price, not the actual selling price; you should bump it up at least a couple grand to give yourself some room to haggle down to what you realistically hope to get.

easiest way to see what it's worth is to check autotrader.com, cars.com or of course NSX Prime...There are some low mileage 91-94 NSX's that have been on the market for months and months, because the owner is asking the same price for his 91-94 as some 97+(NA2's) I'm sorry but you can't sell a 91 for the same price as a 97 in similar condition...unless you find an uneducated buyer...That is why I've seen the same NSX's for sale on said sites for the last 6 months...kinda like trying to sell your house these days for top dollar while the foreclosure homes are half off...aint gonna happen..That being said, I'd start at a reasonable price if you want to sell in the next month or two..ask $35-40K if you are in no hurry to sell and don't expect too many phone calls...Even the $25-35K NSX's are sitting on the shelf for months these days...The gas prices are high and home equity is low, not a very good combo for the luxury item business right now...

My advise, KEEP HER!!!!:smile:

btw, what city are you in???:redface:

Key terms that will bring a premium on you car:

first year silver/black 5 speed car with 25k miles...bone stock .....

Just being a Sebring Silver comes with a premium. Very hard to find these days, especially with low miles. Just like what brahtw8 said:

According to the FAQ:

405 Sebring Silver/Black 5 speed made from 91-93
276 Sebring Silver/Black 5 speed made in 91

I looked for a very long time to find a car like yours and could not find one so I went for a Silverstone. Be patient, your kind of car comes up rarely.

Many thanks for all of the input. I intend on keeping her as i enjoy driving it and also think the styling, other than the wheels, is outstanding. Somewhat like a ferrari 246 only much better performance. Given it was a limited production car and many have been driven, it should not lose value in the future. I definitely see a dropoff in availabliity of low mileage cars in the past couple of year which may just be the dropoff in production. Today's young people love the car, so think muscle cars from the sixties. I'm also fortunate to own another japanese model, a low mileage datsun 240z, and those have seemed to pickup as well so you never know. With the situation at the gas pump, performance cars may be dwindling prospectively so it will be interesting to see what happens.

If this helps you out, i owned a 01 silver/black automatic that had 63K miles, new TB WP and i was the 3rd owner. thats 16 years divided by 63K miles..... everything was stock . I owned it for 8 months and made 5K dollars, so yes I think it was the first post that was correct, mid 30's to very low 40's is fair.....hope my expierence helps.......

To Sarge,
I have a 1991 Sebring Silver Automatic NSX with 29,000 original miles that I would sell for $36,000. The car is all stock and is out of snap ring range. It just had the A/C redone last year. Only 34 automatic sebring silvers were made in 1991 with black interior. Garaged kept in Maryland it's whole life but back bumper was repanted once b/c it was backed into garage door. Oops!!!

To Sarge,
I have a 1991 Sebring Silver Automatic NSX with 29,000 original miles that I would sell for $36,000. The car is all stock and is out of snap ring range. It just had the A/C redone last year. Only 34 automatic sebring silvers were made in 1991 with black interior. Garaged kept in Maryland it's whole life but back bumper was repanted once b/c it was backed into garage door. Oops!!!

Thanks dude but I already got another.

Back