91 for $14K JH4NA1152MT001219

For those looking, I stumbled across this '91 that the asking price is $13900. It has 200K miles on it and who knows how much deferred maintenance.....but HERE IT IS.

Know nothing about the car other than came across the advert (and it was for sale on Prime about 6 months ago).

Last edited:
Re: 91 for $14K

It was ordered with $38,000 in options... LOL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It was ordered with $38,000 in options... LOL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah....I saw that too and LOL'd! :biggrin:

The "options package" is good for a laugh now but when I went to buy one in 1991 and the sticker had an "AMV price of $30,400" under "options" I asked the dealer what type of options were 50 percent of the list price. That is when I learned that "AMV" was adjusted market value and was the minimum I was "supposed to offer over sticker" to be able to buy one. At least this sticker actually says "adjusted market value" in the photo.

I wonder why the car still has arizona tags in the autotrader ad with a missouri phone number and listing address.

I wonder why the car still has arizona tags in the autotrader ad with a missouri phone number and listing address.

Good catch..either old photos (since it was for sale 6 mos ago in AZ, this owner has only had it six months) or scam.

Speaking of AMV, yeah, I haven't come across a car yet that I would pay above MSRP on. (but I wasn't in position to purchase a vehicle like the NSX in its debut year). I remember Chrysler dealers wanting AMV for the PT Cruisers the first year, and just a few years ago ('04 and '05) dealers wanting more than MSRP for hybrids and diesels. Too bad I didn't want one enough to pay more. In fact I was able to find dealers to get both my '04 Jetta GLS TDI and '05 Passat GLS TDI for around "invoice" rather than paying a premium over MSRP.

I think the car looks very good, the interior does not look as old as it is.

Funny to,,, what could that red wire be going from the Cig Lighter to under the seat? a jury rigged Amp for the speakers,,, and another thing,, the Coolant Reserve tank in the engine bay,, it looks like a little KEG?? that makes me think this car had all kinds of turbo kit or supercharger system installed and someone returned it to stock?? I dont know??

Another thing I found a pic of that Coolant tank it was for a Supercharger,, at one point this NSX had a Supercharger I am including pics to show ya!! DONT BUY IT,,
picture.php

Supercharger,,Coolant
picture.php

the current pic of the 14K NSX,,

Well maintained my AZZ,,, tring to pull the wool over your eyes

Last edited:
Another thing I found a pic of that Coolant tank it was for a Supercharger,, at one point this NSX had a Supercharger I am including pics to show ya!! DONT BUY IT,,
picture.php

Supercharger,,Coolant
picture.php

the current pic of the 14K NSX,,

Well maintained my AZZ,,, tring to pull the wool over your eyes

What are you talking about?

that coolant tank have nothing to do with supercharger :cool:

For $14K , it is good for DD. After all, it has 200K miles. I would say " get it" and have a mechanic guy to do a compression test.

Last edited:
I know the tanks are different, and I know that they have nothing to do with the super charger but they usually upgrade that tank when a super charger is installed, what i was saying is that after they removed the supercharger or turbo they didnt have the original to put back in so they had to leave the after market tank,, so this car must have had some thing in it!!

but they usually upgrade that tank when a super charger is installed,

Umm no offense but no they don't. Some run OEM some don't, just because a car has an upgraded coolant tank is not indicative of it having a supercharger, nor a car having a supercharger indicative of having an upgraded coolant tank. :confused:

Many NSX owners upgrade to a newer coolant bottle since the OEM one will turn yellow or start to crack. It also looks a little odd in the engine compartment. I changed the coolant bottle on my former NSX to a stainless steel one mainly for aesthetics and my current one has an black coated aluminum bottle. Neither of my cars had turbos or superchargers. It's really nothing different than changing the wheels on the car for nicer looking ones.

coolant tank have nothing to do with the supercharger.
CIMG2727.jpg

Sketchy deal.

I went to look at that car back in June when it was here in Arizona. The guy lived in Mesa, and even then it had about the same mileage. It was pretty beat up. Carfax is clean, I can email if anyone wants it. PM me.

Check out his original FS thread.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123883&highlight=1991+black

Don't know how or why the car ended up in Missouri or wherever it is now.

Here are pics when I looked at it. Did not drive it. A few looks was all it took to turn me away, but then again he had it priced at $19k back then.

engine-6.jpg

front-11.jpg

interior-5.jpg

left_rear-1.jpg

Sketchy deal.

I went to look at that car back in June when it was here in Arizona. The guy lived in Mesa, and even then it had about the same mileage. It was pretty beat up. Carfax is clean, I can email if anyone wants it. PM me.

Doesn't look too bad for $14K, the engine needs a detail but that's not hard to do, if someone were interested I would do a compression test as in addition to a PPI. Maybe a good track car, project car at that price, especially since car fax is clean.

Acura badge is upside down...wonder if that's indicative of any body work.

Last edited:
Yeph, recognized that same red wire in the interior.:confused:

Back