91 flood damage JH4NA1151MT002068

shawn110975

Suspended
Re: 91 flood damage sale JH4NA1151MT002068

guys found this one its been up on coparts for awhile now

think it do-able as a track car? curious how much damage there really is under the hood not to mention electronics

heres the link

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch...e1s1&lotId=23338700&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

I mean i look at the pics of the engine from the BLUE wrapped NSX
and ugghh

I would consider it for the right money. That looks like a car that used to belong to a member here on NSX Prime. Those wheels are Volk LE-37 Limited Edition wheels too. Super cool!

Well there are only two people that can tell you more about the condition of the car. Check the last link below for more details. I sold it back in August of 2009. First time I have really seen any pictures of the car as it sits.

The car was loaded with many aftermarket parts. What I can see that still remains are the Volks LE-37Ts, which are probably in poor shape. Also has the Mode4 rear NSX-R CF knock-off diffuser. Still has the updated Acura emblems. Don't know if it has the Dali sway bars installed. I would say the Teins are worthless. The car had a Comptech short shifter and a Comptech Powergrip I clutch. Maybe installed maybe not.

Unless you really want a project car, I can't see anyone spending that much money on this car.

Prior to Sale:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120793

Last discussion about the car:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1387388#post1387388

OK found an old Ad here on prime this car was amazing. it was owned by
Alas-NSX and he sold it to Someone here on Prime.

was wondering if anyone will own up to this poor flood damage car or tell us what happend to it. the story behind it.

and what the Heck happend to all the upgrades? the SC is gone all the performance items were removed and returned to almost OEM its bad.

or did the Auto Auction guys remove all the stuff to try and make some big bucks. makes me sad

what i really want to know is did they drive it into a river? yikes

Last edited:
With that much water damage inside one has to wonder if the driver got out alive.

UPDATE: Just read the other thread and I guess the guy did survive. Although if it were my friend who put my car in the ditch and he did survive I might kill him afterwards. ;)

Last edited:
Being that all the goodies have been taken out this car isn't worth more than $7500 however it was a beauty

on copart even flipped flood damage NSX go for I have seen as high as 19K no kidding.

I am gonna bid on this but my spending limit is under 15K. bidding starts on the 17th.

the last one that was flood damage sold for 16K just out of my range for a flood car ya know.

anything over that you should just go out and by a used one. LOL

even parting it out has its limits, body panels are OK,
but the engine
would need to be taken apart to see the total damage to the engine.

With flood cars, if the water line is below the dash, maybe. If its above the dash don't even bother. The engine could be the least of your worries, you'll likely have to replace the entire interior, the dash, electrical, plus some/all the mechanical parts.

Plus look at the crap left over. Obviously this wasn't relatively clean water, all that dirt and grime has literally penetrated into every nook and cranny of this car. I'd say not worth it even as a parts car.

Plastic absorbs smells. My bet is the interior will forever smell like Sally Struther's Clamburger.

5 years ago my uncle bought a a brand new volvo s80 from copart,it was flooded past the dash, he payed 9grand. He changed the ecu, car started ran perfect, not one single light on the cluster. He still has the car, he has not had anny issues since he purchased. He got lucky, I hurd horror storys of flooded cars

5 years ago my uncle bought a a brand new volvo s80 from copart,it was flooded past the dash, he payed 9grand. He changed the ecu, car started ran perfect, not one single light on the cluster. He still has the car, he has not had anny issues since he purchased. He got lucky, I hurd horror storys of flooded cars

This sounds more like the car was turned off (parked) when the water came. If a car is running when it goes in the water that is a whole other story.

Back