• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

91 blk/ivory, 141k miles, $24000, Cincinnati, Ohio

91 blk/ivory, 141k miles, $22000, Cincinnati, Ohio

I must reduce my debt load because I have decided to go back to college and change careers. Kind of a scary thought for a 34 year old guy but I want to do something different for a living. I just can’t take the cubicle maze any longer. I hate to do it but I must sell my NSX.

Details:
- 1991 Black/Ivory 3.0L 5 speed. VIN # JH4NA1157MT002012
- Located in Cincinnati, Ohio
- 141k miles. I drive it all the time but it never sees foul weather. It runs and drives great.
- Originally a Texas car. Purchased from a nsxprime.com and nsxsc.com member.
- Meticulously dealer maintained. I have all maintenance records.
- See link for lots of high resolution pictures (shown with engine cover off. I have it though)

http://photos.yahoo.com/johnt1969

Modifications:
- Slotted front rotors
- Porterfield R4-S brake pads
- Dali Racing Strut Bar
- Scroth 4pt Racing Harnesses
- Dali Racing Yellow Swaybars
- Smartenna
- 6 disc cd changer and amp
- Upgraded speakers (previous owner did this work and I can't remember what he said he put in)
- RS-R Exhaust (I have the original exhaust)
- Cat test pipes. I think they’re Comptech. I bought them used. (I have the original Cat Converters)
- SSR Integral A2 Wheels with Dunlop SP Sport 9000 Tires. 18 rear/17 front. They have lots of tread life left. I also have the original wheels with a set of SP 9000’s on them but they don’t have any life on the backs and very little on the fronts.
- RM Racing Carbon Fiber Intake with Cold Air Option and Foam Filter. I have the original Airbox/Intake assembly with a K&N filter as well as another high performance intake/filter that I got used when I bought some other stuff.
- Cool Carbon Fiber gear shifter

Asking $24000 for everything. (price lowered to $22k. 8-28-03)

Call me or email with any other questions. Serious buyers only please.
John T.
513-673-4182
[email protected]

Last edited:
More information

More info on my car.

Other details:
- Never wrecked.
- Passenger side wheels are curbed. I was almost hit in the spring but was able to avoid the accident. But… in the process I curbed the wheels. There are pictures of all the wheels on the posted web site.
- Air Conditioning DOES NOT WORK. The compressor locked up and after having it at the dealer they determined that the Receiver/Dryer broke and contaminated the system (I spent a bunch of money to find out that I had to spend a bunch more to get it fixed). They told me that the dash would have to come out to fix the system. I didn’t want that so I decided to live without it. A number of the parts (including the compressor and receiver dryer) have been replaced. They will all need to be replaced again but are warranty parts. The dealer quoted $2000 to fix the entire system. I had already spent $2000 on parts and labor but the system continued to fail after working for a very short time. If you want to pay, we can get the AC work done while the car is in my name so that the warranty parts are still free. I don't know if that will be the case after the title is transferred but you can call your local dealer and ask the question. Oh.... and BTW. I know I got screwed on the AC deal. I've done my complaining about it and switched the Acura dealers that I go to in the process but there's nothing more that I can do. So if you want to get the AC fixed then lets talk about it. If not... Please don't harp on a sore subject. :(
- The black paint is original. I keep the car in very good shape but it does have normal wear and tear.
- All service completed at local Acura Dealers.
- Drivers side seat showing wear (see pictures). The bolster is a little torn from 141k miles of life. Passenger side seats are in pretty good shape. I have an old drivers side sheepskin seat cover that came with the car when I bought it. don't really like the sheepskin covers so I took it off. It's dirty and not in perfect shape but could be cleaned and used.
- I have the original Ivory floor mats and a 2nd pair of gray floor mats from the previous owner. Both sets show wear. The Ivory ones are also dirty but could be steam cleaned and would look good (color wise). The sewn on nsx logo is showing significant wear on both sides.
- Speaker Covers on the door are dirty. I assume they could be cleaned but I didn’t want to take the door apart to get them off.
- Transmission is NOT in Snap Ring failure range.
- Windor regulators have been fixed. See post below.
- Gas springs for the trunk lid need to be replaced. The dealer was supposed to order them for me a couple weeks ago but I haven’t heard from them. It’s on my list of things to do. If they come in I will replace them. The rest of the gas springs are fine.
- All books and tools are still there. I also have an old dust cover (with a couple tears).

Call me or email with any other questions. Serious buyers only please.
John T.
513-673-4182
[email protected]

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/johnt1969

Last edited:
For anyone interested in this car. I looked at and drove it today. If your concerns are about the higher mileage, don't let that deter you. Paint looked very good considering the age/mileage. The car was very tight and looked very nice. It accelerated and drove very well. Steering was direct. Interior was as described: worn drivers side bolster and carpets could use a cleaning. The current aftermarket amp/cd set was a poor install in the trunk, but rip it out and start over if that is what you are into. Two sets of wheels, two exhausts and some cat bypass, you can't go wrong for $24 obo. AC is an issue, but much has already been replaced. Realistically under $1500 repair at the most.

Changed Phone number

I changed to a new cell service. Here's the new number

John
513-673-4182

I've had a number of emails regarding what i'm asking for the car without the wheels. Asking price is $22500 without the wheels. But keep in mind that there is little to no tread left on the the OEM's that I have.

I visited some schools this weekend and I'm really excited about getting started with my new education and career.

Price is reduced on my car (and the extras) to $22K. This is a great deal on a very well maintained car. .

Last edited:
Window Regulators

I just got a note from the previous owner. He mentioned that the window regulators were also taken care of. I had forgotten that he did that when he had it.

Here's an excerpt from the letter.

"... If anyone needs to talk to me about it feel free to send them my way. By the way - the passenger door has had the whole regulator assembly replaced with the newer type (when it broke it screwed up the cable) and the driver's side was fixed with a "fix it thingie" that was made by a local machine shop before there even was a 'Dali'."

John

High-mileage doesn't mean a dang thing with the NSX. I drive mine everyday, and in both of the NSX that I have/had, each had started out with over 100,000 miles on them. They ran like a champ and I got them for the prices that I wanted.

If anyone is interested in this vehicle, if everything checked out, don't hesitate on ebit because of the high-mileage.

Back