91' Acura NSX Silver/Black with 60K-GoOd buy??

Hi everyone!!! I been selling cars for about 5 years at Mercedes-Benz & we recently(week ago) got 91' Acura NSX for trade..one owner, clean title/carfax, and have 60375 miles on it. Everything is OEM Acura STOCK..Silver/Black! (I drove home over this weekend and I want to have it.)-I found couple of things wrong with it, but it's just a miner stuffs. I been looking for 02+ NSX, but this 91' NSX came through our door like it's meant to be....We paid $22K for this NSX. My dealership wants $1000 more than what we paid for.(so, $23K)
Is this good deal?? It's clean body with 1 owner but at same time it's also 19 years old chase....I need some advise....thanks
Chris

CHRIS, What area of the US are you? Check the dealer who sold it, they have records, just like your place. JD

I'm gonna go out on a limb here - this sounds like a damn good deal. For 23k you can afford to fix it and put it in top shape. I'd make em take a deposit while you check it out. This sounds to me like it is worth buying almost sight unseen. If it looks good and the interior is nice and no severe drivers seat bolster wear. With only 60k miles - man you've stumbled on to a good one - if there is no accident history - you find out it's been maintained well like the timing belt water pump replacement. You will be getting a steal!

Anyone that doesn't think this is sound advice I'd like to know why! I'd be getting my check book ready. How many previous owners? That's a good test too.

Good luck - keep us posted!

Antenna makes nose when it goes up and down...like tak tak tak tak...and right side of door speaker makes noise(only at night) - more like whining noise...it goes away when I turn off stereo completly. Front bumper & mirror have minor small rock chips.(it is 19 years old....) Otherwise, car runs like CHAMP!!!

Service was done here local Acura dealership through out years he owed, originally came from Oregon & driven local here in WA...He only drove about 3000 miles/year...The main reason why he trade his NSX was he recently bought 2010 Audi R8 for himself...so...he trade Pilot & NSX for his wife to get NEW SUV.

I still need to know if this car is a good buy??????

Check the transmission number for possible snap ring issue. If it is in snap ring range, have a mechanic remove the inspection window plug and check to make sure the snap ring is intact (ie. no pieces of snap ring in that pocket or no visual signs of cracks in the snap ring). The wiki has info on how to check for that as well as the numbers for the affected range of transmissions.

If no snap ring issue and the car has a clean title. That is a good deal. I say buy even if it needs a TB/WP.

Last edited:
Check the transmission number for possible snap ring issue. If it is in snap ring range, have a mechanic remove the inspection window plug and check to make sure the snap ring is intact (ie. no pieces of snap ring in that pocket or no visual signs of cracks in the snap ring). The wiki has info on how to check for that as well as the numbers for the affected range of transmissions.

I did check the transmission...and it's GOOD!!! (snap ring issue)

I paid $20K for a 1991 with 118K miles and few service records (it did have $15K in mods though) and it was also clean. If a coupe is what you're looking for I'd grab it and start the love affair. I've never owned a car that begs to be driven absolutely everytime I get in it until I got the NSX. Check for a clean title and rightly fitting body seams. Salvage titles are a no-go for me.

Presumably the dealer you work for is going to shoot straight with you - get all the info you can about history of the car (even if you need to contact the previous owner), and hopefully all service documentation. If, as others have said, it is a clean title, and never wrecked - then I'd say it is beyond a steal at that price.

Good, low mileage NSX's at really good prices don't come along very often - when you spot one you gotta jump on it. Because if you don't, someone else who realizes what a good deal it is will :rolleyes: Good luck! Jay

Budget $5k for minor stuff after U owned it. The $$ will not need to be spent at once.
Fixing the antenna and the speaker/amp is minor. Just make sure the ABS/a/c is in good working order. I buy it right away before it gets taken to an aunction and see it re-sell for $ 30k OBO!! Then U shoot yourself in the foot later. Nothing is better to buy it from your own dealership for $ 1k over. That's a steal..another used car dealer will ask for the moon and expect serious bargaining.

Sounds like a nice car. IF you can find out if the timing belt service/hoses were replaced, than I'd say it is a no-brainer. Good luck!

Hi everyone!!! I been selling cars for about 5 years at Mercedes-Benz & we recently(week ago) got 91' Acura NSX for trade..one owner, clean title/carfax, and have 60375 miles on it. Everything is OEM Acura STOCK..Silver/Black! (I drove home over this weekend and I want to have it.)-I found couple of things wrong with it, but it's just a miner stuffs. I been looking for 02+ NSX, but this 91' NSX came through our door like it's meant to be....We paid $22K for this NSX. My dealership wants $1000 more than what we paid for.(so, $23K)
Is this good deal?? It's clean body with 1 owner but at same time it's also 19 years old chase....I need some advise....thanks
Chris

Nice to get a one owner, even better if the one owner took care of the car. Add $2,000 if TB/WP not done or no evidence, that includes AC/ALT belt and Valve job. Coolant hoses not done add $1,000. Tires, how worn and age of them replace $600. Misc stuff. windup window thingies, service, ECU potential, detailing $900. Being from a dealer could be less but add that to your $23,000 and you come up with $27,500 max to get it in great shape = pretty close to a smoking deal.

p.s. one other tiny details, paint better be primo (few rock chips expected)

Sebring Silver NSX for $23K. Miles aren't too high. Sounds like you have access to service records. Even if it needs some services, yeah, I'd say $23k is a good deal. At $23k, if you don't buy it, it will probably get snatched up by someone else pretty quickly.

I would jump on it. It books for $28K if its in good shape. Expect to spend an average of about a grand a year on maintenance and wear items. Most service is due because of time and not mileage.

Chris,

CONGRATS! I hope it works out for you. Post pics!

If you like, email or PM me the VIN, and I'll try to get you some background on the car....

Thanks for your help, Tim...But I did talked with the owner for hour and half talking about what kind of history this car had...figure all of stuffs out, also got a carfax as well....so you sell OEM Acura parts only?? or OEM Honda parts as well??....I need to get OEM HONDA middle tail lamp..Where can I find that??

Chris

Back