91-93 Nsx???

I have been looking around this forum for a while now and it looks like most of you either has or wants to get one of the earliest models of the NSX, 91-93. I dont know that much about the NSX's of this time (as i was what, 4-6 years old at the time) so can someone tell me why these years seem to be so much more popular among you all? is it strictly a nostalgia factor or is it actually engineered better? personally if i had the option to choose id want to get the newest year with the least mileage...

good shape 91 = $30,000

mint 2005 = $70,000+

Some people are priced out of the newer ones right off the bat. Others CHOOSE the earlier models because they are super-stiff coupes (and the lightest years ever)

rickysals said:
good shape 91 = $30,000

mint 2005 = $70,000+

Some people are priced out of the newer ones right off the bat. Others CHOOSE the earlier models because they are super-stiff coupes (and the lightest years ever)

hmm... but on ebay ive seen 2005's with under 10k miles going for closer to 60k, not sure if thats what you would call mint, but id sure buy it if i had that kind of money :wink:

oh and btw, speaking of the rigidity of coupes, does anyone ever have a problem with the targa top either being loose or flying off completely when driving at higher speeds, such as freeway driving? i know its in a different league than the NSX, but my 97 Integra GSR had a similar problem... i was driving on the freeway going about 80, and all of a sudden the sunroof flew off my car and shattered into a million pieces behind me, and it wasnt even open! ever since i have held sunroofs, convertibles, and targas in question, and i hope to avoid all 3 if it can be helped... i suppose ill just have to wait until they unveil the new NSX around 2008 to see if they have coupes again... :mad:

Back