90k service- components & cost range?

Looking at an NSX approaching 90k miles (88k) & would like to know the components of 90k service & approximate cost? I know the water pump/timing belt @ 75-80k miles ranges from $1500-2000.

Thanks for help :rolleyes:

Robert

I would probably plan on replacing the clutch too, assuming it hasn't been done previously. Another $1500 unless the fly-wheel is bad.

It really depends if it has already been changed before and how long ago. Most owners change them out before 90K.

If it hasn't been change, make sure you factor that into your price.

Re: NA1 vs NA2s

I'm at the beginning of my learning curve vis a vis NSX's. What does "NA1" vs "NA2" signify :confused:?
It appears in the VIN after JH4, and refers to an NSX with 3.0L or 3.2L engine, respectively.

1997 and later NSXes with manual transmission are NA2 series; all others are NA1.

Other changes (e.g., in the clutch and transmission) were associated with the NA2 series; see here.

A friend of mine has his own shop here in town. He's doing my TB/WP/Thermostat/Valve Adjustment for 1081$ (including tax), granted he's selling me the parts at his cost instead of his usual mark up. But the labor cost is the standard book cost (5.6 hrs)

Great shop thou, great mechanic, great guy.

I would probably plan on replacing the clutch too, assuming it hasn't been done previously. Another $1500 unless the fly-wheel is bad.

where can i find that price for a clutch job replacement? :eek:
acura dealerships here in norcal quoted me $2500 minimum.

Robert

Call Dwight (owner of Hondatech) 954-583-2424, he'll take care of you. I would defintely have him do your PPI (pre-purchase inspection) before you buy the car, he'll give you a fair assessment of what the car "needs".

Good luck
Danny

Looking at an NSX approaching 90k miles (88k) & would like to know the components of 90k service & approximate cost? I know the water pump/timing belt @ 75-80k miles ranges from $1500-2000.

Thanks for help :rolleyes:

Robert

Back