$799 Per Month Deal, is it still avilable?

its over.

I've got an '05 Silver/Silver w/ 4,500 miles. I haven't given it much thought, and I don't know if it can be done, but I had some stuff come up today that may encourage me letting someone take over my lease if they were interested.
If memory serves correctly, it was about 4K down to get in the car upon initial 799 lease deal.
You can see the car in my Gallery.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8791

I am now preparing for the arrival of hurricane Rita. Give me a few days to get through this and I'll start looking into it next week.

My understanding that the only way to transfer the lease it to a close friend/family remember - and the original leasee name is still required on the lease as well. So I guess it can be done, but there has to be a great deal of trust/respect between both individuals...

I believe there are three options for dealing with lease assumptions.

Option 1- The lending institution does not allow it.

Option 2 - The lending institution allows it, but forces the originator of the lease to stay on the lease essentially making the first party a co-signer.

Option 3 - The lease can be assumed releasing the originating party of their obligation by moving it to the assuming party.

Keep in mind, it is the lending instruction, not the manufacturer, where the lease is held that dictates which of these apply.

The following information was gathered from www.Swaplease.com on http://www.swapalease.com/help_files/leaseco.asp

General Motors Acceptance Corporation is an example of an institution that has option 3.

Volkswagen Credit (Audi Financial Services) is an example of Option 2. in this case, SwapLease offers an “insurance policy” for the originator of the lease called “Peace of Mind Program” that covers any missed lease payments or overages due at the time of turn in. Of course if the vehicle is not turned in, the leasing party is responsible for the residual. I don’t think the plan covers this contingency.

Honda Financial Services (American Honda) is an example of Option 1. This again is according to SwapLease, but I have found their information to be pretty accurate. Ultimlaty, it would take a call to Honda Financial Services (American Honda) to determine the options.

Also, SwapLease.com and LeaseTrader.com do not perform lease assumptions. They are just services that link buyers and sellers.

Hope that helps.

Back