75 degree V6 not a new configuration

Not surprising since Honda and Isuzu shares platforms.

The new 75 degree engine sounds very cool tho don't you think? Imagine if it with full turbo-back exhaust!

I was Googling around to see if it had been done before and a few bikes (Honda & KTM) and maybe Ferrari and Opel have done unusual V angle engines. I think the V4 derivative of the new NSX engine rumor for the S2000 replacement might hold water.

I imagine it was to keep the CoG low. They mentioned that in the opening presentation as a priority.

80 degrees might have been a packaging issue indeed.

Lucas

Last edited:
I believe the current F1 regs specify the V6 engines to be in a 90 degree configuration.

Not surprising since Honda and Isuzu shares platforms.
I only recall Honda using Isuzu diesels in the 90's and the SLX SUV.

Anyway the engine looks extremely similar to a 80's RA168 Honda turbo F1 engine, that was '80 degree V6 (the similarity is striking)
Odd bank angle is indeed something many have tried before.

img_0

Last edited:

I only recall Honda using Isuzu diesels in the 90's and the SLX SUV.

Anyway the engine looks extremely similar to a 80's RA168 Honda turbo F1 engine, that was '80 degree V6 (the similarity is striking)
Odd bank angle is indeed something many have tried before.

img_0

That's a good find. I'm really excited to see what this new engine has to offer! The engine tach shows a redline at 7,500 rpm, but I'm still hoping for 8,000 fuel cutoff atleast.

One thing we can all be certain of, Honda knows their way around V6 engines, NA or turbocharged.

It would be very interesting to see how much power they have wrung out of the new NSX engine during their testing regimen.
I'm sure they tested reliability and power at various boost levels.
Equally important will be all the testing they've done on intake and exhaust tuning.

It would also be nice to know the displacement, bore and stroke.
It Ted is glancing askance at a 7500 rpm redline I'm sure it's a short stroke V6 so could be a high revver.

Back