7-22 Car Show Seaport Village/Embarcadero Park

IF you have previously decided not to go on the 7-22 drive(sounds like it WILL be AWESOME) and are looking for something else to do that day.......this is a spectacular venue that puts hundreds of vehicles ---- all makes/models ( last year over 350 ) on display in the grassy park area by water's edge in Seaport Village.....http://www.cocsd.com/Flyers/MSAflyer12.pdf This is a Charity Event and all proceeds benefit San Diego Centers for the Blind I have been to this show almost every year for the past 6 years and have never seen an NSX on display.

Last edited:
Alan,

I will let you know soon if I will be able to attend. Just wondering if I should bring the supra or nsx.

aww this car show sounds like alot of fun and i love sd area, but i will be going to the drive on sunday. i wish i could go to both :frown: maybe next year..

Alan, what kind of cars that normally show up at this event, high end, classic, or fast and furious types? I haven't decided if i want to go on the lake drive or not. If not, I might show up at the sd event. Not sure if i should take my nsx or not. I am too lazy to clean it for car show. I might just show up as a spectator only.

ALL kinds of cars ----- except I have never seen an NSX there. Mine will be there this year and JZ Twins said he was probably going to take his as well. I think you can pay the guy at Chemical Guys (Miramar) to detail your car and I KNOW that Lloyds in Carlsbad will do a great job (clay/polish/wax) for under $150. If you want to learn how to do it yourself you are welcome to come to my house---I have everything----and I will teach you what I know. Or just go and hang out like you said.

aww this car show sounds like alot of fun and i love sd area, but i will be going to the drive on sunday. i wish i could go to both :frown: maybe next year..

Les said he might look into organizing a group for NEXT year so go on the run and mark your calendar. If there is enough interest we could enter as a group/car club and have our own spot

Looks like it would be fun. I just entered in the Balboa Bay Club & Resort Father's Day car show and it was a blast. Would do it again in a second. I'd be there if we didn't have the Lake run already planned. Next year we should do this.

Looks like it would be fun. I just entered in the Balboa Bay Club & Resort Father's Day car show and it was a blast. Would do it again in a second. I'd be there if we didn't have the Lake run already planned. Next year we should do this.

Here are some photos from a previous year. The dark geen '07 Miata "was" my car-----sold it and now have a drk blue '99 10th anniversary car with supercharger.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 35
I have included an excerpt from an email received from Craig Moya the organizer of this event: "We are completely sold out of ALL 384 spaces. Sorry." I hope that anyone who wanted to enter their car didn't procrastinate. It is still an open event for spectators.

Not sure it was a good idea, given the distance, but I'm registered for the event. I received my confirmation email Today.

It's a 2-hour drive, one-way :eek:

This is a beautiful place for a car show. Wives/girlfriends will enjoy shopping at Seaport Village. If anyone is interested we can all take a cruise on the bay in my sailboat AFTER the show. Boat is 36' and there is plenty of room. Let me know

This is a beautiful place for a car show. Wives/girlfriends will enjoy shopping at Seaport Village. If anyone is interested we can all take a cruise on the bay in my sailboat AFTER the show. Boat is 36' and there is plenty of room. Let me know

What a great offer of hospitality; since it's a long drive, I hope to at least find a place to get lunch before driving back up, maybe we can organize something as a group.

I guess we will need to bring our NSX decoder rings, so we can recognize one-another at the event :tongue:

What a great offer of hospitality; since it's a long drive, I hope to at least find a place to get lunch before driving back up, maybe we can organize something as a group.

I guess we will need to bring our NSX decoder rings, so we can recognize one-another at the event :tongue:

A BBQ lunch is included in your registration and there are a bunch of places to eat in seaport village. My car should be easy to find. I have asked to be parked with the San Diego MIata Club. They usually park the Miatas in the front of the park (closest to Seaport Village) and the NSX will probably be in the middle of the Miatas on top of the small hill ( that was the designated spot last year ) Perhaps we should share cell numbers so we can connect ? Mine is 760-717-5800

I won't be able to make this event, since I tore my car apart for a last-minute stereo install, and I've run into a hiccup which requires mail-order parts.

If anyone is interested in going, send me a PM and you can go in my place, the spot is reserved and paid for.

Congrats Alan. What a great place to have a show. Such a wide variety of cars to look at and the people were very friendly. I will post pics this evening.

I look forward to doing this show again next time.

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0206.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0202.jpg

Nice Pictures. Maybe next year we can get an NSX section for this event. My car ended up taking 2nd place in "foreign" cars......the 1st place car was a Mitsubishi Spyder with fake spider legs attached as a static display (go figure).:confused:

Great pictures and looks like a very nice event. When they plan on next years event, please make sure to post it in our new calendar and let's see if we can't sweep the trophies next year.

Back