3rd incident of damage to my car...

Well, I'm on my third incident where damage has occurred on my car. For those of you who don't know me or who haven't been keeping up, I'll re-cap:

1) I was sitting at a red-light and an idiot ran into me from behind
2) I was inside a Krispy Kreme eating donuts and someone hit the parked car

and the new incident:

3) I came out from Mimi's Cafe in Dublin to find a note on my car (from a good samaritan, not the person who hit my car).

This time, like the others, the damage is relatively minor but that's not the point, is it?

Adding to the frustration is the timing of this time as I have a car show to attend this coming weekend.:mad:

J

Hey James,

Sorry to hear about this incident...

How bad is the extent of the damage?

C

James I see a pattern developing. It's not save unless your moving.
Hope it is only minor.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope everything works out OK.

Thanks for the messages, guys. Like when I got rear-ended, the damage is minor but significant enough that I think the bumper cover should/will be replaced. My biggest concern about that is the longevity of a bumper painted at my local shop vs. painted at the factory (where, I'm told, they shoot paint that is much better for the car, but worse for the environment) (I'm told this is allowed because factories have capabilities to handle the more toxic paint vs a local shop).

So while I want a new bumper cover, I want my old paint!:mad: I'll have to ask the shop who'll do the repair for their advice.

J

J,
Sorry to hear about the bump and grind (and R. Kelly didn't see anything wrong w/ a little bump and grind :tongue:).

Brooks Motor Cars. Oakland, CA. You know where to find them. :smile:

James, I'm very sorry to heard about your incident. I hope you can get this fixed quickly and with the least amount of hastle. And NO, you can't swap out some body parts with my car. joking... :tongue:

Thanks for the messages, guys. Like when I got rear-ended, the damage is minor but significant enough that I think the bumper cover should/will be replaced. My biggest concern about that is the longevity of a bumper painted at my local shop vs. painted at the factory (where, I'm told, they shoot paint that is much better for the car, but worse for the environment) (I'm told this is allowed because factories have capabilities to handle the more toxic paint vs a local shop).

So while I want a new bumper cover, I want my old paint!:mad: I'll have to ask the shop who'll do the repair for their advice.

J

James,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Let me know if I can help.

J,
Sorry to hear about the bump and grind (and R. Kelly didn't see anything wrong w/ a little bump and grind :tongue:).

Brooks Motor Cars. Oakland, CA. You know where to find them. :smile:

+2 for Brook Motor Cars. Ask for Dan.

Mike

I saw it in person this weekend. Unfortunately its not one of those "just kiss it and it will make it all better" senarios. :mad:

Sorry J

J

James,if you need a ride back form oakland let me know. bill

oh man that sucks........I love your car.

F^&* it......its tainted now..........sell it to me cheap........or perhaps a swap...:biggrin:

James,
Sorry to hear about your mishap.:mad: Did the good samaritan get the license plate of the hit & run car?

Might want to take your car to Church and have a priest give it a prayer and blessing with holy water :smile:

(Dont ask but i do that to all my cars)

Last edited:
Yikes, James. I'm bummed for you too. Any luck with Brooks Motors? Dan is very nice (plus he's got 2 Austin Martin Vanquishes). If you can't get your car fit into their schedule, I also recommend Weatherford BMW's body shop in downtown Oakland. Ask for Bill. They will take good care of you and check the work under "soda lighting" (you know the yellow night time street light)! Your paint job will be done right. Call if you need more info... :wink:

I've already been in touch with Brooke Motor Cars (they're the only people I'd bring the NSX to) and their schedule is clear this and next week. I wanted to bring it in this week and have it all fixed up in time for the show but we agreed that it may be pushing it. So I'm going to show with a boo boo on the front bumper.

But I'm already scheduled to bring it in to them next Monday morning!

J

James sorry to hear about your misfortunes/incidents. Bad things happens in threes, hopefully (knock on wood) all that is past you now.

so much for the nicest NSX on bayarea... way to go Cruz, didn't even have to do any new mods :)

Hmm...J and MC were vying for the nicest NSX in the Bay Area title...and now mysteriously James' NSX comes up damaged. I'm not saying anything...just something sounds fishy. :tongue::tongue:
--------------------------

Brooks will make that damage look like it was never there. Glad to see you like them. I too would take my NSX only to them.

Hmm...J and MC were vying for the nicest NSX in the Bay Area title...and now mysteriously James' NSX comes up damaged. I'm not saying anything...just something sounds fishy. :tongue::tongue:
--------------------------

Brooks will make that damage look like it was never there. Glad to see you like them. I too would take my NSX only to them.

Yeah, pretty coincidental that it happened just as the friendly rivalry was coming to a head for this show, huh? I guess he had to do something, since he knew about this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117510:rolleyes:

The plot thickens!

J

James,
I remember your #2 incident at krispy Kreme, sorry to hear about this 3rd one. Man, it must be either your car's flawless paint or your good setup that attracts too much attention. Hope the repair goes well.

The car is in good hands, getting re-finished...

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 93
Back