3m Clear Bra?

Hello.

I'm looking to have "3M Clear Bra" install, but first I need your recommendation to a reliable shop in the Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami area please. Also what are the pros and cons on this 3M Clear Bra thing if you don't mind to share:biggrin: ? Thanks!

Phuc'

Hello.

I'm looking to have "3M Clear Bra" install, but first I need your recommendation to a reliable shop in the Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami area please. Also what are the pros and cons on this 3M Clear Bra thing if you don't mind to share:biggrin: ? Thanks!

Phuc'

I've had the "Clear Bra" on for 4 years and 32000 miles with no paint chips. I treat it just like paint. I wash clean and wax it just like the rest of the car. The whole front, the windshield posts, back of the mirrors, and the rocker pannels are done. You have to use a old toothbrush on the edges to remove the wax. It still looks crystal clear and was worth the $700 !!

I also have a question...

After what I read the 3M Clear Bra is a good buy, but where do I found one ??

I have searchd EBAY and the only one I found was this one.. EBAY link
But !!! the price is 195$ and "The Hawk" wrote that he payed 700$.. :confused:

Was thet with installation or is the "Ebay clear bra" I linked to above just crap ??

Last edited:
You need to have it professionally installed. If you try to do it yourself, you will be disappointed. I had my NSX done about 3 years ago and it still looks great. Cost me $600 installed. Hood, front bumper, mirror backs, door edges, and behind all 4 wheels. You really need to find one on an NSX in your area and get the name. You really do not want to take the NSX to someone when you have not seen their work on a car with so many curves and angles.

Do they also make a corresponding bumper piece?
Can it be easily removed without screwing up the paint
it was covering up?

You need to have it professionally installed. If you try to do it yourself, you will be disappointed. I had my NSX done about 3 years ago and it still looks great. Cost me $600 installed. Hood, front bumper, mirror backs, door edges, and behind all 4 wheels. You really need to find one on an NSX in your area and get the name. You really do not want to take the NSX to someone when you have not seen their work on a car with so many curves and angles.

That is cheap. Was it full hood coverage or 1/3 hood coverage? Where did you get your clear bra installed? Premier in Fremont?

I have a few rock chips that I filled in and leveled with custom exact color matched touch up paint (sent a piece of the car and the match is perfect). I have been told that if I put a clear bra on now, that you won't be able to notice them at all even looking closely... any truth to that?

I really don't have rock chip issues.. the issues I have is parellel parking. Guys touching or rubbing the front and rear bumpers and leaving marks.
THe question is , is this 3M stuff durable enough to withstand bumper- bumper contact and not fall off or wrinkle.

At this point am unable to locate anyone in the NYC area that installs these.

I have a few rock chips that I filled in and leveled with custom exact color matched touch up paint (sent a piece of the car and the match is perfect). I have been told that if I put a clear bra on now, that you won't be able to notice them at all even looking closely... any truth to that?

As far as I know, the clear bra is noticeable if you pay more attention. I once looked at a car at a body shop which had the clear bra that I didn't know at first, I just found its reflectiveness in the front end was different from the rest of the car. Later, the shop owner told me it had the clear bra and I saw the edge of the bra from looking at it up close. The surface without clear bra is a lot smoother (just paint and clear coat). With the bra, there is a layer of vinyl or whatever material it's made of on top, the reflection is more wavy.

I have seen good jobs where I never noticed it until I really looked at the car. I have also seen subpar jobs where I noticed it right away.

I would think it had to do with the quality of the material, as well as the expertise of the installer.

Back