3M Clear Bra ** PRICE REFERENCE THREAD **

I would like to have one thread where information is listed showing price paid for the 3M Clear Bra install, where it was done, overall rating of the product and installer (1 is low and 10 is excellent), car used, and what parts were protected. Please keep the posts to this topic only so that we can more effectively use this thread as a reference and not another simply discussion thread. Here is an example of what I am looking for here:

(* Information below is for example purposes to show desired format. *)

Installer: Neverland Motorsports

Car: 1994 Acura NSX

Price: $395

Product Rating: 10

Installer Rating: 10

Protected: Hood, front bumper, front fenders, both mirrors

Last edited:
Meeyatch1 said:
I would like to have one thread where information is listed showing price paid for the 3M Clear Bra install, where it was done, overall rating of the product and installer (1 is low and 10 is excellent), car used, and what parts were protected. Please keep the posts to this topic only so that we can more effectively use this thread as a reference and not another simply discussion thread. Here is an example of what I am looking for here:

(* Information below is for example purposes to show desired format. *)

Installer: Neverland Motorsports

Car: 1994 Acura NSX

Price: $395

Installer Rating: 10

Protected: Hood, front bumper, front fenders, both mirrors

Installer: Jason Lemon

Car: 2001 Acura NSX

Price: $800

Installer Rating: 10 (This guy is SUPERB, he's done several NSX's)

Protected: Hood, headlights, bumper, side view mirrors

As a general rule...what would everyone here feel is a fair price to pay to have the front bumper, half the hood, headlight covers, and mirrors protected?

If it's a kit install, I would say 4-500. If it's a custom install then it would be worth more like $800. Just saw a very informative segment on this at one of the tech seminars put on during NSXPO. If your paint is in good shape it's a great way to protect it.

Installer: Ultra Shield of Phoenix (corporate web site here)

Date of installation: October 2002

Car: 1991 Acura NSX

Price: approx $600 (Paid $1100 for a bundled deal for both my Mustang and NSX. Mustang was precut nose kit only, NSX was a complete custom job.)

Installer Rating: 8

Protected:
  • front end up to where the headlights end
  • mirrors
  • side skirts
  • rear spats (sides only)
  • vent lips
  • top of rear bumper (where brake dust likes to accumulate)
  • door handle recesses (where prev. owner w/rings caused scratches)

Back