360 Modena vs. NSX

Which car would you buy?

• Total voters
You will find a lot of good info on FerrariChat to help answer your question.

But with the F430, I am going to put 3-5K miles a year, so around $1K a year for regular annual maintenance and $3K for a 15K maintenance.

The only real hit will be F1 clutch replacement from $3-$6K depending on how far you need to go. My car has 8K on it and has 25% wear.

Tires and gas who gives a poop.

So unless something really ugly happens ($10-$20K) I don't think the cost of admission is very high for the remarkable experience that you get :D.......Steve

Excellent points Steve but don't forget insurance! I just called my agent to get a quote for a 2010 R8 and she quoted me:

5.2 Quattro - $903.61

4.2 Quattro - $775.13

(yes I know it's not an F-car but I'm sure it can't be too far off base)

Maintenance isn't bad at all and I think the other guy said the same thing my dad used to tell me - if you have to worry about all those factors then you are not ready for a Ferrari :) Quite frankly those costs are NOT that bad at all, best way to solve the clutch issue is get a manual tranny which is what I will do if I ever get one.

360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS 360CS:tongue::tongue:

Either way works but on FChat it is referred to as the 360CS :D......Steve

I am paying $900 or so.......No BFD......its nothing considering the value of the car. I chose the F1 over the 6 speed and I really like it, but will admit there is nothing like the gated 6-speed. And yes you are right if you are concerned with the maintenance cost then stay away. It will just make you nutz in the end......Steve

Excellent points Steve but don't forget insurance! I just called my agent to get a quote for a 2010 R8 and she quoted me:

5.2 Quattro - $903.61

4.2 Quattro - $775.13

(yes I know it's not an F-car but I'm sure it can't be too far off base)

Maintenance isn't bad at all and I think the other guy said the same thing my dad used to tell me - if you have to worry about all those factors then you are not ready for a Ferrari :) Quite frankly those costs are NOT that bad at all, best way to solve the clutch issue is get a manual tranny which is what I will do if I ever get one.

NSX.

I've driven them both. The 360 is faster, but it's too "big" of a car. The 355 is more "NSX sized" (I like small sport cars).

The Corvette got "big" too. IMHO, I think the manufacturers realized that their majority market were getting older (& fatter) & were having trouble squeezing into small cars, so they had to make them bigger.

Oh, I agree, wider is GREAT...overall LARGER (read: "fat") is not, IMHO.

What do you mean by that? As in not as much as an attention gather compare to the NSX he use to drive? I know it is Silver.
Vance probably meant low maintenance.

As for attention, I now live 3 minutes away from Newport Beach, super exotics are dime in a dozen here. However, I do get treated almost like a celebrity everywhere I go from all gender and ages, to be honest, the attention while positive, it does get annoying from time to time. The puzzling thing is that it is just a 360, maybe most people never been to cars and coffee.

My old NSX gets a ton of attention as well, but it was definitely mostly from younger Asian male crowd from my experience.

I paid $78k cash total after CA sales tax, it had 12k miles when I bought it, 6spd and came with challenge stradale dry carbon seats. A clean F1 coupe can be had for $60~$75k depending on condition and mileage (pay less now and pay more later after F1 pump fails), add $5~$10k premium if it is 6spd manual if you can even find one.

Back then I had hard time deciding between R35 GTR or 360, I knew I would eventually end up owning both. After making sacrifice and waited over a year, I will finally add GTR to my stable in mid-April. The insurance quote I got just two days ago from State Farm insurance for 360 alone is $1800 a year, if I add GTR, my policy for both cars drop to $1500.

Last edited:
Back