35k-ish to spend

and I wanna NSX!

I am looking for an NSX as a weekend car and have budgeted around 35k. I would really like a targa, so i guess the 94-96 is what i am looking for. Hopefully I'd like to stay in the under 40k mile range. Think it's do-able? I see F16-drivers listed on here... looks pretty solid.

Couple extra questions. 1) If someone doesn't beat on it much, how many miles is the clutch expected to last? 2) I heard there are aftermarket camber plates to level it out a bit and allow tires to last longer... any tips?

Don't hate for the camber plate idea. I have no track intentions, and the car is plenty fast... I am more in lust with the looks than performance... it's pretty darn fast bone stock!!

Thanks for the help folks... this is a great site!

You would not be in the market for a 94 if you want a Targa, as 95 is the first year. I am not sure on the Camber plates for the NSX, as the wear problem is on the rear of lowered cars, and to my knowledge there is no fix for it. If you lower it, prepare to wear the inside of the rear tires, that's the way it is. I would say you mighy find a 95 or 96 for that price, but unlikely a 3.2 6 speed car (97+) for that amount, and you may have to accept more miles than that to get in your price range on the 95 and 96 also (too many factors besides mileage affect price, so this is not set in stone). That said, I know of people who have 80-100K miles on the original clutch, and there are probably higher mileage cars than that out there with the original clutch too. Then again, I have also seen people burn them up in less then 10K miles. They are great cars (on my third!) so I highly encourage you too take the leap!

Shumdit, thanks for the advice... I will have to be patient for this one... and I am not one for patience :biggrin:

I've taken a look at the cars on this site... unfortunately to keep my wife on board, I've had to promise it be black... (and I need a buyer for the Tacoma)

Oh, one more thing... how easy is it to come by a set of the stock 95 rims? If I end up with an earlier one, I'd like to upgrade... always been a sucker for a nice set of OEM wheels!

Thanks guys!

I guess it depends on how picky you are. A set of 97 blades was posted for sale here this very day. I would say he needs to come off the price some if they need to be refinished, since that would cost about $400-500 to have done for the set.

Zennsx said:
Thats what I thought and its been nearly a year of searching for newer style wheels to no avail. :confused:
Keep tracking Ebay for wheels.
I got a set for -$610 delivered and decided to powdercoat -$240
$850 total

-j-

orbusrex said:
2) I heard there are aftermarket camber plates to level it out a bit and allow tires to last longer... any tips?

I was under the impression you can get an earlier model aligned to the newer model specs and you won't wear the tires as much. Since it's the same chassis and suspension I don't see why you can't.

Back