335ci VS NSX

Should we be watching our rear view mirrors for the new 335ci that's coming out soon? 292lbs of torque and 302 hp:eek:

The current E46 M3 gave me a run for my $$ when I raced my brother. Our cars were pretty even througout 3rd gear(although i did give my brother a slight jump) and I only started to pull on the M3 in 4th gear. Seeing how the current 6spd M3 has about 265 rwhp and 262lbs of torque, I think the 335ci could give us a good run:tongue:

sorry i'm just a little bored right now, so I thought i'd stir the pond a bit:tongue:

The current M3 should beat a NA NSX in a straight line.

You sure your brother was trying or are you just a better drag racer than he is?

NsSeX said:
Should we be watching our rear view mirrors for the new 335ci that's coming out soon? 292lbs of torque and 302 hp:eek:
Probably, it is also turbocharged with claimed no lag, maximum torque is achieved between 1500 and 5800 rpm.

BMW tuners should be releasing performance kits for this car soon after the car hits the market. New cars are just getting faster and faster.

NsSeX said:

The current E46 M3 gave me a run for my $$ when I raced my brother. Our cars were pretty even througout 3rd gear(although i did give my brother a slight jump) and I only started to pull on the M3 in 4th gear. Seeing how the current 6spd M3 has about 265 rwhp and 262lbs of torque, I think the 335ci could give us a good run:tongue:

sorry i'm just a little bored right now, so I thought i'd stir the pond a bit:tongue:

um.. doesn't current e46 m3 have 330 bhp?
in a straight line they are faster already =o

khappucino said:
um.. doesn't current e46 m3 have 330 bhp?
in a straight line they are faster already =o
Faster than a '91 yes. Next to an '03, either could win it seems. Both bimmers have more power than an NSX, but they're heavier too. The 335ci will come pre-plumbed for mods though.

I have inched past a newer M3 in my 92, down low he had me by a car lenght, but I closed it and passed him once I shifted from 2nd to 3rd. Its the 1 to 2 shift that kills the NA1s, 2nd is too tall. One thing I don't know was if his car was auto or stick though.

i believe that the power/weight ratio is still higher on a e46 M3 even compared to a 02+, granted when you try to turn in a e46 it feels like a really fast giant box on wheels in comparison to a nsx or s2k :biggrin:

NsSeX said:
[..]Seeing how the current 6spd M3 has about 265 rwhp and 262lbs of torque, I think the 335ci could give us a good run:tongue:
[..]

I thought the current M3 has 343hp and the M3 CSL ~380-400?

Klayton said:
I thought the current M3 has 343hp and the M3 CSL ~380-400?
Klayton -

HP ratings are not all the same. Euro ratings on Euro gas are rarely the same as what we see here in the State. Moreover, the CSL model was never available for sale here in the States.

NsSeX said:

No offense but honestly... who gives a rip?
Any decent 600cc motorcycle will tear my NSX a new one in a straight line as will a number of cheap used muscle cars with a few bucks into mod's.

That aint the point.

I think BMW used to make beautiful cars but now every model in their line up looks like crap to my eyes and I don't care how fast, exotic, cool sounding, etc. a new M5 or M6 is... it's so ugly I wouldn't drive one if you gave it to me. Instead I'd sell it in an instant to one of the millions of lemmings who live in S. CA and think the sun rises and sets with all things that have a blue and white propellor on the hood.

Da Hapa said:
Klayton -

HP ratings are not all the same. Euro ratings on Euro gas are rarely the same as what we see here in the State. Moreover, the CSL model was never available for sale here in the States.

Well the current E46 M3 got 343hp. The version for US sale got 333hp (bmw.com)

265 rear wheel hp for a 333hp car? Hmmm ..

As far as the 343 vs. 333 debate goes . . .

The US cars have a more resrictive exhaust/emissions system that eats about 5 hp. The other 5 hp is simply the different measurement of horsepower, SAE vs. DIN. 333 SAE = 338 DIN (approx.)

265 rwhp is a bit low, but dynos vary. Typically they dyno in the 270-280 rwhp range on a dynojet.

It all comes down to each individual preferences. If you want HP, then there are plenty of car out there with more HP than the NSX. The reason why I bought the NSX is not because of HP, it's because of it's overall package that includes - rarity, exotic appearance, reliability, and enough legal HP without getting into trouble.

AU_NSX said:
The current M3 should beat a NA NSX in a straight line.

You sure your brother was trying or are you just a better drag racer than he is?

No the current M3 is not faster than a Na2 NSX:biggrin: My brother was definetly trying when we went at it. It was pretty much dead even until about 115+ and I started walking:tongue:

Da Hapa said:
No offense but honestly... who gives a rip?
Any decent 600cc motorcycle will tear my NSX a new one in a straight line as will a number of cheap used muscle cars with a few bucks into mod's.

That aint the point.

I think BMW used to make beautiful cars but now every model in their line up looks like crap to my eyes and I don't care how fast, exotic, cool sounding, etc. a new M5 or M6 is... it's so ugly I wouldn't drive one if you gave it to me. Instead I'd sell it in an instant to one of the millions of lemmings who live in S. CA and think the sun rises and sets with all things that have a blue and white propellor on the hood.

No offense taken, I did state I was just bored hence the comparison:wink:

brahtw8 said:
As far as the 343 vs. 333 debate goes . . .

The US cars have a more resrictive exhaust/emissions system that eats about 5 hp. The other 5 hp is simply the different measurement of horsepower, SAE vs. DIN. 333 SAE = 338 DIN (approx.)

265 rwhp is a bit low, but dynos vary. Typically they dyno in the 270-280 rwhp range on a dynojet.

Well the reason why i gave a ball park of 265 rwhp was just in case some people got their panties all twisted:biggrin:

I should mention my brother's M3 had at the time CAI/Section II/ and a Ti Exhaust which should of put him in the 290rwhp range.

Back