30K mile service vs 2 year..(Miles vs time)??

Hi All-

Ok, I've been reading quite a bit here and had a couple of questions.

If the NSX maintenance schedule is due EVERY 30K MILES or 2 YEARS..does this mean that Honda "expected" 15K miles per year??? Same with 90K Miles and 6 YEARS??

And how much does it normally cost to do this service in SoCal?

Thanks
Mike

P.S. Mr Forum NAZI, I apologize if this has been beaten to death! :redface:

Mike

Mojorator said:
If the NSX maintenance schedule is due EVERY 30K MILES or 2 YEARS..does this mean that Honda "expected" 15K miles per year???
No, not at all. The expectation is that the number of miles people drive their cars is going to vary.

The service is specified for every 30K miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. If you drive more than 15K miles per year, so that you reach 30K miles before two years pass since the last service, then it's time to do the service. If you drive fewer than 15K miles per year, so that you reach two years while driving fewer than 30K miles, then it's time to do the service (after two years).

This is the same as every other car on the market. Most services are specified for a mileage interval or a time interval, whichever comes first.

Mojorator said:
how much does it normally cost to do this service in SoCal?
You can find typical maintenance costs in the FAQ. Just click the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Then click on Maintenance, then click on Costs.

My impression is that dealer prices these days are 10-20 percent higher than the prices shown in the FAQ, and prices at independent mechanics may be slightly lower than the prices shown in the FAQ.

I don't know of any independent mechanics in your area who are experienced with NSX service, so you'll probably want to take it to a dealer. The independents who do a lot of NSX service in the Southland tend to be in Orange County and Oceanside, on the other side of L.A. from you.

Thanks for the clarification sir..I appreciate it. :biggrin:

Mike

Back