3.2 NSX vs 3.6 911T

anyone familiar with the '94 911T? is there a huge difference between the 3.6L engine and the previous 964 turbos? how does it compare to the 97+ NSX?

they seem to be priced from mid 50s to high 60s. what was the list price at the time?

You are speaking about the 911 Turbo (model 965) featured in the movie Bad Boys :p

The car costed about 115'000$ (I searched for it in the internet and it had the same price as in Europe=) and it was if I remeber correctely the last year the Turbo was available before the 911-993TT started to be sold in 1996.

The car was an average improvement from th previous Turbo but it felt quite unbalanced anyway. From a power point of view (360hp) it is superior to the 97+ NSX, in every other category however (chassis, handling, suspension, comfort, reliability) the NSX will win.

The huge power on such an outdated design made the car very difficult to control and enjoy... I drove it once and honestly I do not miss it.

From what I recall, the 993 Twin Turbo was a far better car in every way. I would spend a little more and get that one..

Nicholas, The 94 is also available as a Turbo S or S2.
The 3.6Turbo also had 383ftlbs of torque. Conservative ratings.
There were Flatnose editions as well. Like this one on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467580511&category=10156

These (turbo S) will absolutely blow the doors off of a 993TT.
They are 2 wheel drive vs. 4wd.
Ther prices range from 45-65 for the normal versions. The Turbo S's and the even more rare S2 tend to get into the 100+ mark pretty easily. The car are extremely reliable and cost no more to maintain then the NSX. Handling is as good if not better than the NSX.
Here is an Turbo S.
33_turbo_s_2.jpg

a good friend of mine has a 1994 911 Turbo with a rebuilt engine. It has 440 HP at the crank. Its scary fast. Step on the gas pedal in 1st and it will try to swap ends on you. :eek: :eek:

len3.8 said:
Nicholas, The 94 is also available as a Turbo S or S2.
The 3.6Turbo also had 383ftlbs of torque. Conservative ratings.
There were Flatnose editions as well. Like this one on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467580511&category=10156

These (turbo S) will absolutely blow the doors off of a 993TT.
They are 2 wheel drive vs. 4wd.
Ther prices range from 45-65 for the normal versions. The Turbo S's and the even more rare S2 tend to get into the 100+ mark pretty easily. The car are extremely reliable and cost no more to maintain then the NSX. Handling is as good if not better than the NSX.
Here is an Turbo S.
33_turbo_s_2.jpg

Damn...I should of bought one I took in on trade last year...I coulda paid $36k for his '94 Turbo S...w/ 60k miles (high miles) w/ ALL service records. I didn't know it was worth $45-65k...believe it or not the guy bought a used 5 series BMW wagon and we gave him $8k cash back. From the e-bay link, it says only 99 Turbo S was produced in 1994. Man, talk about rare.

Back