3.0L CTSC or 3.2L

Which is better? I notice a there is a big jump in performance when Honda introduced the 3.2L engine. I was wondering which would people prefer, an NA1 with 3.0L or a 3.2L stock engine?

Taking into consideration that the supercharged engine has at least 90,000 + miles and the NA2 has about 40,000 miles..

reliability? drivability? fun? Anything you'd like to comment on =D

Go with 3.2. If financial situation permits, upgrade later. You will notice more HP gain.

Vancehu said:
Go with 3.2. If financial situation permits, upgrade later. You will notice more HP gain.

I disagree. 3.0l are easier to tune and have more aftermarket support.

reliablility,.. I say the early model cars are just as reliable as the newer ones. Just depends on how it was treated. Older cars will need some attention from time and wear. Other than that both reliable.

drivablity,...early coupes w/o the power steering assist feel heavy for some people, but IMO w/ the power steering the car doesnt feel as 'raw' (go cart feel)

fun factor,... I say you'll have more fun in an NA1 SC'ed w/ 90k miles than an NA2 40k mi. for very obvious reasons. unless your really into that open air motoring.

if financial situation allows, build a type R NA2 from an NA1

NA1 and NA2 may look the same but are totally different when it comes to conception and purpose. both amazing machines!

I would definitely go for the NA2 because of the lower milege and the 6 speed. I've a 92 and I cant wait to upgrade to a 02. I like the look of the 02 model better. I would rather have a 02 than a 92 with a supercharge.

Upgrades to the 3.2L cars really improve and polish on the finer points of the NSX. Metal head gasket, 6 spd, power steering which shuts off at higher speeds, improved ABS and improved traction control. If you can swing it and have a choice go with the 3.2L. If your asking if it is worth, I would say every penny.

Back