2GB Sansa audio/video for $30 (+$5 shipping)

This is a STEAL, great 'stocking stuffer'. Plays several audio formats as well as VIDEO! Also you can upgrade the firmware to Rockbox which adds additional capabilities and supports larger SD cards than the stock firmware.

THIS DEAL IS AVAILABLE TODAY ONLY (If you're not familiar with Woot, they sell one single item each day, all day long or until they sell out, but no longer than a day).

SanDisk_Sansa_e250_2GB_Media_Playerf7yStandard.jpg

www.woot.com

Features:

* Sleek, thin design with large 1.8” TFT color screen for easy viewing
* Strong alloy metal casing provides excellent durability and scratch resistance
* Simple to use, back-lit controls for fast device interface navigation
* User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life
* Features microSD expansion slot for additional memory capacity
* Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash and Gruvi content cards
* Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording, and voice recording
* Supports Subscription Music Stores

Specifications:

* Memory capacity: 2GB
* Memory type: Flash memory
* External memory: MicroSD card slot
* Audio file format: MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (PlaysForSure), WAV
* Hours of music content: 32 hours
* Still image file format: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF
* Video format: AVI, MPEG, MPE/VOB (unprotected), DAT, ASF, QuickTime MOV (6.5 or higher), WMV (Media Player 10 required) all must be converted by Sansa Media Converter
* Tuner type: Digital FM tuner
* Tuner memory: 20
* Display: 1.8-inch TFT color LCD display
* Power supply: Rechargeable lithium ion battery, user replaceable (included), USB charging
* Battery life: Up to 20 hours
* Connectors: Headdphone jack, USB 2.0 port
* Microphone: Built-in microphone
* FM recording
* Voice recording
* Microsoft PlaysFor Sure
* Dimension: 3.5×1.74×0.56 inches (WxHxD)
* Weight: 2.7 ounces

System Requirements

* Windows XP
* Windows Media Player 10+
* Intel Pentium class PC or higher
* USB 2.0 port required for hi-speed transfer

Includes:

* Sandisk Sansa e250 2GB Media Player
* USB cable
* Earbuds

Just a heads up: condition: Refurbished

IMO, there is no need to be turned off by the fact it's a refurb. I've purchased a lot of refurb electronics and other items (cell phones, Dell computers, Dyson vacuum, home theater gear and various other electronic odds and ends). Refurb typically means the manufacturer restores the item to factory new condition, and it still usually carries some sort of warranty.

In this case, for $35, I say who cares if it's a refurb when it still carries a 90 day warranty and a new unit at Amazon is $80+shipping.

Fair enough. I picked up one for the wife, debating on picking up more. Also ordered a 4GB microSDHC card for my PDA/phone and will pull the 2GB from the phone and use it in this.

Buy.com is selling the 30GB Zune for $99, brand new, if anyone is interested.

I used to have the 4GB version of this Sansa. It wasn't bad, it was a bit quirky.

Most of the quirks should be gone if you replace the OEM firmware with Rockbox. I saw the $99 Zune as well (btw the Zune 2 is due any day if it's not available already), but once you're into that price range, there are a lot of players to consider. I just figured for $35 you can't go wrong to just buy a buttload of these for stocking stuffer type gifts.

Back