265HP Nissan Maxima

My golf magazine arrived today and in there is the new maxima w/ 265 horses...........is the nsx at the point of ancient? the only way to beat the new family sedan is turbo and supercharger? goshhhhh....:mad:

yellowpad said:
My golf magazine arrived today and in there is the new maxima w/ 265 horses...........is the nsx at the point of ancient? the only way to beat the new family sedan is turbo and supercharger? goshhhhh....:mad:

I don't see how a lighter and more powerful car (NSX at 270 or 290HP probably even the autos) will lose to that car (265hp Maxima)...

Acura/Honda makes CL-S or TL-S to battle the high power luxo sedan field.

Besides that, stock NSX is still plenty faster than those high power luxury sedans, esp 97+.

I've driven the competition, and you should too. Alot of horsepower does not mean alot of performance. There are alot of cars out there that looks really good on paper, but that is it.

The thing that drew me to the NSX was the amazing performance with only 290hp. Phrases like "less is more" comes to mind.

I don't know how many cars you drove before you got the NSX. Before I got my NSX I test drove all the competition in its price range and made a decision to buy it. No regrets at all.

RyRy210 said:
The thing that drew me to the NSX was the amazing performance with only 290hp.

What makes a car fast is not necessarily its peak power, but the total area under the curve. The NSX has a pretty long and flat torque curve. Peak horsepower is not so important here.

here goes another hp versus hp comparison again.

if the maxima was close, the G35 is already beyond.....280hp.

still not in the same class.....

Blue Knight is right . I just leased a g35 coupe with 280 hp. This car is not in the same league as my nsx. It is a great car and is quick but doen't have the same instant acceleration and not near the handling of the nsx.

when you know that a 4 dour will beat you in a race is the perfect time to practice the "your car is not worth racing" attitude.

and i doubt that a maxima can beat an NSX.

THe new Max does have 340hp but weighs a lot, 3450lbs now. It weighed 3000lbs in 1995-1999. FWD, torque steer, quality issues already (it is built in Tennessee with the Altima) horrible interior, it drives fast but no longer handles like th baby 5 series. It is now good as a stylish car and for space.

They should not even call it the Maxima.

1SICKLEX said:
THe new Max does have 340hp
340hp :confused: Everything I've read, including Nissan's site says 265 hp.

BTW: Honda is not doing so bad: The 240 hp Accord Coupe with the 6-speed hits 60 in 5.9 seconds and does the 1/4 mile in 14.5 seconds at 98 mph, according to September 03 Car & Driver.

Ojas said:
340hp :confused: Everything I've read, including Nissan's site says 265 hp.

BTW: Honda is not doing so bad: The 240 hp Accord Coupe with the 6-speed hits 60 in 5.9 seconds and does the 1/4 mile in 14.5 seconds at 98 mph, according to September 03 Car & Driver.

Honda is not doing bad at all. Most Honda/Acura, according to many magazine reviews are at the top of their respective class...

truthfully, i'm glad the nsx has the performance at 290hp with a 3.2 liter V6...

how many 3.2 V6s out there can compare??? perhaps only the M3 can.

nevertheless, we get good gas mileage and low maintenance....

Back