2017 Acura NSX

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 17 NSX. The AcuraLink has expired. Do you think AcuraLink subscription is worth it? I looked online to try and find out what features are available for the NSX, but I didn't find anything.

Also, does the JB4 tune impact the warranty? Is it easy to convert back before taking the car in to the dealership?

Thanks for any input.

Congratulations on picking up your 17.

I would not recommend AcuraLink. Here's what you get.

e69aff72ed8d2290076df8f0e78e076a.jpg

Thanks for all the info Ryan! I really appreciate it! I'm enjoying it so far. It's been a week today.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 17 NSX. The AcuraLink has expired. Do you think AcuraLink subscription is worth it? I looked online to try and find out what features are available for the NSX, but I didn't find anything.

Also, does the JB4 tune impact the warranty? Is it easy to convert back before taking the car in to the dealership?

Thanks for any input.

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health.

Asking folks on a forum if futzing with you car impacts your warranty is comical. Of course it does. Lots of folks on these sites modify their cars, part of the making their own fun. Taking the shit off before you go to the dealer to make like you never futzed with the car is dishonest, you asked for input so here you go.

Keep an eye on your 12 Volt battery.

My car will be 4 years on the road in October.

My battery went South last month (out of the blue, the car wouldn't start, lots of error codes).

Once the dealer replaced it, all was well again.

Thanks for the info. I will for sure. I did manage to get an extended warranty on it.

I'm sure some other owners will want to know the specifics on your extended warranty:wink:

I recently added an Acura Link subscription. You will need to provide evidence of ownership to Acura so that they can take the previous owner off the books and put you as the owner. I sent them a copy of my registration. Next you will need to have an Acura Dealer add you to the system so that you can pay for a subscription. I choose one year and it was $130. Took a bit of time but I like having it, especially for what RyanRA mentioned.

I recently added an Acura Link subscription. You will need to provide evidence of ownership to Acura so that they can take the previous owner off the books and put you as the owner. I sent them a copy of my registration. Next you will need to have an Acura Dealer add you to the system so that you can pay for a subscription. I choose one year and it was $130. Took a bit of time but I like having it, especially for what RyanRA mentioned.

WTF! You had to pay $130 for basic car status info and the ability to lock/unlock your doors. Shesh. My 2016 Chevy Traverse has an app where I can send nav directions to the car, remote start it to cool it down before I get to the car, and get all sorts of system data. And guess what, it's free!! The same for my BMW.

WTF! You had to pay $130 for basic car status info and the ability to lock/unlock your doors. Shesh. My 2016 Chevy Traverse has an app where I can send nav directions to the car, remote start it to cool it down before I get to the car, and get all sorts of system data. And guess what, it's free!! The same for my BMW.
If I recall when I had my 2017 Chevy Bolt, I had to pay for OnStar Service. This is the same thing but from Acura. Are you saying you get free OnStar because you purchased a Traverse?

If I recall when I had my 2017 Chevy Bolt, I had to pay for OnStar Service. This is the same thing but from Acura. Are you saying you get free OnStar because you purchased a Traverse?

I don't think I pay for anything. I know I had to pay for the wifi hotspot for my kids to link up their iPads. But since we aren't taking road trips to Disney I cancelled that service. All of the aforementioned are through the basic Chevy app from the Google Play store. And I'm 100% positive it's free for my BMW. I don't even know if there's an app for my wife's E300. I'm sure there is, but I rarely drive her car.

Last edited:
Acura Link was so poor, Acura offered me a free extra year for free.

My car is parked for winter, but even after 7 days, Acura Link turns off. (just when you need it) You cannot monitor your car when it goes into low power mode.
When the next free year is up, I will not renew it. It is very expensive for the top tier, but not worth it IMO.
I use it to lock the doors when I forget to lock the car. (that's it)

Back