• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2012 Honda JP Ad: 負けるもんか

Here is the making of it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SZdqcE3MLQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the making of it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SZdqcE3MLQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek: at the fact that they were pulling the 91 NSX by the spoiler... Also, the poor thing looks like it had a decent sized ding on the rear fender :frown:

Hmm.. no showing of the new NSX in the making. I wonder if it is CG considering the concept has no motor.

neat'o...

Nice share! :cool:

But, I'm not digging the rear-quarter from this side-profile view! Looks Mitsu Eclipse'sque... :eek:

APAH1.jpg

Re: neat'o...

But, I'm not digging the rear-quarter from this side-profile view! Looks Mitsu Eclipse'sque... :eek:

Yes, that should be Honda's biggest concern: the rear end should be elongated like the original NSX to obtain that long, flat blade look.

Oh it most certainly CG check it out in 1080p you'll see.
Very very very cool vid tough!

The wheel motion is a dead giveaway.

That shot makes it look much longer than the real pics we have seen so far. There seems to be more overhand on the nose and rear.

Yes, that should be Honda's biggest concern: the rear end should be elongated like the original NSX to obtain that long, flat blade look.

The wheel motion is a dead giveaway.

I hope not--the tail of the NSX is one of the most awkward parts of the design, imo. Took a long time to get used to it for me.

The other thing is you can't just make one change (like elongating the tail) without reworking the entire design. Every aspect depends on the others.

Many think it is an Audi R8 knock off, but I don't think so. It is more along the line of Lamborghini with it's angular look. The curves you see from Ferrari 458 and the original NSX is missing.

My question is, since it was derived from a movie car. How much time will Honda need to put it through the wind tunnel to make it "flow" and how much different it will look by the time they're done.

I hope not--the tail of the NSX is one of the most awkward parts of the design, imo. Took a long time to get used to it for me.

The other thing is you can't just make one change (like elongating the tail) without reworking the entire design. Every aspect depends on the others.

The rear end is what defines the NSX and its stance. I'm not a fan of the extended, dust-collecting bumper from the 80s, but the long rear fender is key to the original NSX design. It is awkward only if you try to photograph it upclose (pretty much the story for many cars). I would take a long, balanced backside versus the short stubly ass like the 350Z, R8 and pretty much all the new cars. I have always hated the 350Z and so ever since they did this to the 300ZX.

If the NSX stays the same design as the concept, then Honda is not doing their job. Do not get me wrong, the concept looks pretty good as is, but what about practically along with a sharper, leaner and pronounced stance? Break the trend Honda.

Many think it is an Audi R8 knock off, but I don't think so. It is more along the line of Lamborghini with it's angular look. The curves you see from Ferrari 458 and the original NSX is missing.

My question is, since it was derived from a movie car. How much time will Honda need to put it through the wind tunnel to make it "flow" and how much different it will look by the time they're done.

It does have Gallardo influences. The rear end is very reminiscent of it especially from the top rear view.

I thought the movie car was modeled after the concept (in the Motor Trend interview), as they had the design supposedly since 2008-2009 (word of mouth?)

OK, in that case I could learn to live with them...

But never like this:

Had fender mirrors on my last Datsun Z.

You'd be surprised how much of an IMPROVEMENT they are over where they're traditionally located. They're there for BETTER visibility.

It does have Gallardo influences. The rear end is very reminiscent of it especially from the top rear view.

I thought the movie car was modeled after the concept (in the Motor Trend interview), as they had the design supposedly since 2008-2009 (word of mouth?)

If I remember correctly, the Inside Line article stated that the Iron Man car was the creation from a different department. Regardless, I think the lines are fine for aerodynamics. It does look like a fast car without that "trying too hard" cheap look.

In the past, Japanese sports car always looked bubbly with the exception of the NSX, S2k and LFA, everything else have that hallow look to it. I still remember when I look at MB and BMW, their cars always look like a steel brick. The NSX concept have that european solid look to it.

I am however, not a fan of that line the put in the middle of the car. Never dig that look, but the side view is gorgeous.

Back