2010 McLaren P11

Oh wow. Supposedly designed to compete not with the like of the F1 and Veyron, but more to decimate the F430, Gallardo and 911 Turbo.

p7xk2.jpg

p6nn7.jpg

Power is supposedly a Mercedes V8, but with the split from McLaren and Merc, who knows... maybe another overacheiving BMW engine? Considering the F1 was only supposed to have 550 hp and ended up with 627, this could be a rediculous car. 1200 KGs = 2400 pounds. Damn, that's light. Not McLaren F1 light, but it should be good.

And my God, is it gorgeous. Look at that back end. :eek:

Finally!! A new car that I can look forward to. Wow....just wow!!

A little wishful thinking: McLaren will ask Honda to build them a V10 and Honda does it! They then detune it and put the sucker in the new "NSX" we've all been waiting a decade for! :biggrin::wink:

On the reality side, I hope they keep it close to that target price listed in that article. Then maybe this won't just be another dream car like the McLaren F1 was and still is.

I'm seeing alot of Ferrari, Elise, and R8 in the front. I see NSX, and a bit of warped testarossa in the rear. Also, I cannot tell if the back glass looks like something off of a F430, or if it's vertical and has more of an Elise look to it.

I want one.

WOW!!!! HOLY COW!!!! Where do I place my deposit. 2600+ lbs and a V-8 with McLaren racing history. Sign me up.

Any see the estimated price? 150,000 pounds is roughly $300,000!:eek:

The engine is in the right place and looks great.

Why can't Acura be chasing the look and styilng of this car instead of conforming to GT cars. :mad: :mad:

If Honda ends up making the engine.. that's close enough for me.

Does anyone have any experience or has heard about the reliability on
McLaren's? Just curious?

Nice to see that they used an integrated rear wing like the NSX. :biggrin:
I guess styling from the late 1980's isn't so bad afterall. :smile:

IF they make this it will be my new NSX
That thing is HOT!!! If Honda will not build it maybe McLaren will.:smile:

Looks like the HSC only more refined

Does anyone have any experience or has heard about the reliability on
McLaren's? Just curious?
When preventive maintenance entails things like replacing the fuel cell (at $20,000) every 5(?) years, every-3-year servicing running way above Ferrari's gouging, when something actually breaks on the F1 one had better sell the luxury family sedan to free up the funds.

the top right of the article said that it's powered by the AMG V8. make sense since mclaren is associated with mercedes.

the font end looks like an F430 making a silly face:biggrin:

Isn't that the HSC??? :biggrin:

DAmn, I wish Honda Motor Co. would still make the HSC!!!!

Not to Beat a Dead horse!!! LOL!

Its been A while since I have seen discussion about the next gen nsx!

But this McLaren looks sooo BeautifuL!!!

Love the Lines!!!

Nice lookin car. Front end kinda reminds me of the Autobacs Garaiya, only bigger with bigger intakes.

805412garaiya3.jpeg

Back