2010 Indy 500

As we approach the race, time for predictions.

I put my money on Helio. My darkhorse is Tony Kanaan and/or John Andretti.
Danica finishes out of the top 10 and throws a fit.
Best finishing woman is DiSilvestre who is named rookie of the race.
Hunter Reay finishes 2nd.

Miner

Re: Danica out..... PT in

That's what I'd do if I was Michael A. not a prediction, just a wish.

Let her go concentrate on the tin-tops, bikini photo shoots, Dancing with the Stars or wherever she's trying to go next. :wink:

As we approach the race, time for predictions.

I put my money on Helio. My darkhorse is Tony Kanaan and/or John Andretti.
Danica finishes out of the top 10 and throws a fit.
Best finishing woman is DiSilvestre who is named rookie of the race.
Hunter Reay finishes 2nd.

Miner

I missed it by that much.:biggrin: An exciting race of sorts. Not the best, but fairly entertaining.

Miner

Why does everyone have to denigrate Patrick? It's a tough sport and a hair-raising track. She has shown, with a couple pole positions and podium finishes, that she is fast. She's probably a lot faster than most anyone on this forum. She finished way down in the order because she did not have a good car. And she didn't throw a fit afterward.

I don't hear anyone beating up on Helio for Dancing With The Stars. :cool:

Why does everyone have to denigrate Patrick? It's a tough sport and a hair-raising track. She has shown, with a couple pole positions and podium finishes, that she is fast. She's probably a lot faster than most anyone on this forum. She finished way down in the order because she did not have a good car. And she didn't throw a fit afterward.

I don't hear anyone beating up on Helio for Dancing With The Stars. :cool:

Helio did get beat up for DWTS. But he is also a 3X winner of the 500, a series champion and a good if not great dancer!

You are right, she didn't throw a fit afterwards. My prediction was based on qualifying and her drift towards Cup racing. On more than one occaision she has lost her control of her emotions. There are those who like Tom Landry, and some who like volatile. Kinda like Tiger Woods, he's fist pumping when winning, throwing everything under the bus when he's not.

Miner

Last edited:
Re: Andretti and Danica climb out of a hole.

Not sure exactly what they did, and, IIRC, Miller didn't either, but they pulled a rabbit out of the hat. And Danica did as well as could be expected to patch up her image.

Danica's all right............pretty good for sure, but the question is, where would Sarah Fisher be with some Danica career breaks along the way? And what if Ana Beatriz had a bigger ego? It's a nice theoretical question, sure, and the fall back answer is, "life ain't fair, so quit speculating" but for paddock (race team) popularity, I'd bet Sarah has more fans.

Anyway, some of us old school guys like to see OW racers stay true to the sport, and to us, and Danica seems ready to leave for money and glamor. Oh, and while I'm at it, I don't think too many around the paddock liked ole A.J. when he threw a fit, so taking the high road goes a long way with us. And she still needs to learn that.

Re: For some, there's no such thing as bad exposure

Someone was observing how RedBull is more about selling an overpriced soft drink than it is about racing. Therefore, all the F-1 controversy last weekend, just kept Red Bull on the tip of our tongue a little bit longer and ole' Dietrich was laughing about it. You know the old saying: "say whatever you want about me, just spell my name right." :tongue:

So, maybe GoDaddy is encouraging Danica to stir the pot??? :confused: :eek:

Kind of like the WWE? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Re: Andretti and Danica climb out of a hole.

Danica's all right............pretty good for sure, but the question is, where would Sarah Fisher be with some Danica career breaks along the way? And what if Ana Beatriz had a bigger ego? It's a nice theoretical question, sure, and the fall back answer is, "life ain't fair, so quit speculating" but for paddock (race team) popularity, I'd bet Sarah has more fans.

Fish had talent but as you note didn't get the career breaks, or possibly go the correct route. She was super popular and came into the IRL w/out the "packaging" that Patrick had. Fish has more fans in the heartland, everybody (and I mean just about everybody) knows who DP is.

DiSilvestre (and Beatriz) are accomplished racers who posess talent and to some degree popularity to match DP. If they win races, they will eclipse her. Junior Earnhardt used to be the media (and NASCAR) darling, then he stopped winning races and is on the verge of being forgotten.

Like any sport, everybody loves a winner! Nobody loves a whiner.:biggrin:

Re: "What's that, Tony??"

Since this turned into a bit of a Danica thread, I'll wonder out loud what Tony had to say to her after the race last night? If you didn't see it, (prolly be on Speed Report or WindTunnel) she mercilessly chopped him off and cost him not only the pass but several spots as he lost momentum and the train went by. :eek:

Hopefully Tony won't have to say much; Mikey should be taking care of that ass-chewing. :rolleyes:

Maybe Miller will have a one-liner on that one. :smile:

Back