2009 NSX on MotorPulse

Anyone see the article on the new 2009 NSX ?
pretty intersting....
"...............The 2009 Honda/Acura NSX will target the Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo, according to Britain’s AutoExpress magazine. Currently, the automaker is said to be testing two “stunning” prototypes — one with a front-engine layout, and one with a mid-engine, like the previous model. The car will have a 500 horsepower V10 and all-wheel-drive — as indicated by previous reports — and will also set the stage for a new design direction at Acura, according to AE. Recently, Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport said the new NSX would be something of a rand tourer and target Aston Martin.

500 HP V10--- Honda has a V10 motor?

nsxtacey said:
front engine is too much of a gt car...please make it mid engine!

I have to agree... Imagine if BMW puts a engine in the middle of the next M3... Or Porsche in the front... That is so wrong...

The article mentions that the F430 will be a target, but by 2009, will the F430still be the "F430"? I'd think it'd advance to something different by then.

They have no right to call the next generation 'NSX' an 'NSX' at all if it is 4wd or front-engine.

It may still be an awe-inspiring machine, but it would have no NSX heritage besides being from Honda and expensive.

A MR, RWD, V10 would be extraordinary, and from a marketing standpoint probably the most successful. The question is whether the new lambo 4wd systems are productive enough sales wise to encourage Honda to go the same route; as well as Acura's success with their system.

Personally, Lambo's are no longer Lambo's to me. They are a mutual creation between Audi and the real Lambo. Nothing against the cars, they are exceptional from many angles, but the real lamborghini's died with the diablo. When you began to comprimise the character and spirit of a machine by adding things like 4wd, it just seems dissapointing.

sahtt said:
They have no right to call the next generation 'NSX' an 'NSX' at all if it is 4wd or front-engine.

It may still be an awe-inspiring machine, but it would have no NSX heritage besides being from Honda and expensive.

A MR, RWD, V10 would be extraordinary, and from a marketing standpoint probably the most successful. The question is whether the new lambo 4wd systems are productive enough sales wise to encourage Honda to go the same route; as well as Acura's success with their system.

Personally, Lambo's are no longer Lambo's to me. They are a mutual creation between Audi and the real Lambo. Nothing against the cars, they are exceptional from many angles, but the real lamborghini's died with the diablo. When you began to comprimise the character and spirit of a machine by adding things like 4wd, it just seems dissapointing.

I agree. The interior of the S4 uses same guages/buttons as the gallardo. The s6 and s8 uses the gallardo engine. Identity crisis! I think it would be totally wrong for honda to make an acura version and a honda version ala cvic/rsx...and like toyota/lexus is doing w/ the next supra.

White92 said:
The article mentions that the F430 will be a target, but by 2009, will the F430still be the "F430"? I'd think it'd advance to something different by then.

ferrari will have a 430 replacement around that time which will probably be a v10. I think this might be one reason why honda went w/ a v10 instead of a v8. The 430 has 490hp at 114 hp/L. If the 430 replacement is a 5.0L v10 and has same the ratio as the 430, it will have 570hp :eek: I hope for our and honda's sake, it will meet or beat this number. Just detune that f1 engine to 600hp :biggrin:

Anyone have a link to the pics of these prototypes or something?

myguitar said:
Anyone have a link to the pics of these prototypes or something?

Nope. No pictures, or designs have surfaced. In fact, theyre still undecided on the concept's final design. It will have design cues from the HSC though.:wink:

VTEC.net posted this yesterday. It's not much, if at anything at all. But it keeps the chatter going.

"NSX: I wish they'd hurry up on this thing. We need something to get really excited about around here, particularly given Honda F1's results thus far in the 2006 season. Of course, the V10 is a given. There had been some rumors that the NSX would be shifting towards more of a GT car to go up against something like an Aston Martin DB9 or Bentley Continental GT, but we've been recently assured this is not the case. There are running prototypes being driven at HGT in Japan and apparently it's getting pretty close to production trim, though there are said to be some styling tweaks that remain. We have been holding candelight vigils with prayers that the car will remain pure and be spared from SH-AWD, but the odds may be against us."

White92 said:
VTEC.net posted this yesterday. It's not much, if at anything at all. But it keeps the chatter going.

"NSX: I wish they'd hurry up on this thing. We need something to get really excited about around here, particularly given Honda F1's results thus far in the 2006 season. Of course, the V10 is a given. There had been some rumors that the NSX would be shifting towards more of a GT car to go up against something like an Aston Martin DB9 or Bentley Continental GT, but we've been recently assured this is not the case. There are running prototypes being driven at HGT in Japan and apparently it's getting pretty close to production trim, though there are said to be some styling tweaks that remain. We have been holding candelight vigils with prayers that the car will remain pure and be spared from SH-AWD, but the odds may be against us."

You know, I still have this feeling that this new NSX (hope they keep the name) will be able to go after "bigger fish", like the Enzo. Maybe not, I don't know, but you know it's gonna change a few things in the exotic car world again like it did in 1991.

It's gonna have a little less power for lots of money (although still cheaper than the Enzo and other Ferraris), yet it's probably gonna be faster on the track, rev up to the sky, handle better and be more fun, all for the reasons that only Honda and it's devout followers can explain. Imagine that... VTEC on a V10.

On a related topic, what career do I need to be pursuing in order to be able to afford a $90K NSX in three years? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:frown: Some how, I don't think it will be SH-AD, because it's design for FF platform If they do a mid engine car, which I believe they will, ATTS on rear wheel drive make more sense. It's also lighter, which is what Honda have always targeted on their sports car. Even with ATTS, the weight penalty is still 150 lbs (1997-01 Prelude). But anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not an engineer.

One thing, If Honda is targetting Ferrari and Lambo's, it CANNOT be a front engine car. It has to be mid-engine. You can't say we're "targetting the F430" and then say we're building a car to complete with the Aston.

Sounds like the prototypes are one of each. One F-car eater and an Aston competitor. They are just deciding which direction they will take.

If the new NSX is mid-engine Rear or 4wd it will earn the pedigree of our cars and should become the gen-II NSX, if not, it's not an NSX much less a F-car challenger.

myguitar said:
On a related topic, what career do I need to be pursuing in order to be able to afford a $90K NSX in three years? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You guys have got it easy the 2005 NSX here in Aussie land sells for $260K (big ones) new.

$90k we wish.....

sahtt said:
Nothing against the cars, they are exceptional from many angles, but the real lamborghini's died with the diablo. When you began to comprimise the character and spirit of a machine by adding things like 4wd, it just seems dissapointing.

You may have heard of the Diablo VT, already 12 years ago, Lambo was using 4wd on the top of the line sports car.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/961.html

Back