2006 S2000 Comptech Supercharger

I was on the edge of giving in and getting one with an aftercooler, but I'm not so sure anymore... I need to get actual seat time with a well tuned one up around the 300 mark to decide before going FI I think.:cool:

My initial impressions are that I don't think the 2K necessarily needs it, and I'd like to keep it daily drivable and trouble free... so now I am leaning in the direction of the Toda cams & some headers and maybe staying mild NA with weight reduction similar to my NSX. I've also been waiting for a Mugen ECU to surface on S2KI.. for next time I get some more money to smoke in my go fast crack pipe, but no luck so far.

If anyone has any thoughts on 2K tuning, do chime in.

John@Microsoft said:
I was on the edge of giving in and getting one with an aftercooler, but I'm not so sure anymore... I need to get actual seat time with a well tuned one up around the 300 mark to decide before going FI I think.:cool:

My initial impressions are that I don't think the 2K necessarily needs it, and I'd like to keep it daily drivable and trouble free... so now I am leaning in the direction of the Toda cams & some headers and maybe staying mild NA with weight reduction similar to my NSX. I've also been waiting for a Mugen ECU to surface on S2KI.. for next time I get some more money to smoke in my go fast crack pipe, but no luck so far.

If anyone has any thoughts on 2K tuning, do chime in.

My buddy who runs redlinetimeattacks has an 00 and tracks it constantly. He says that the more money you put into the suspension the better off you are as well tuned S2K's really are deceptively fast. Thanks for bringing up the cams that sounds like a good idea.

S-TO-8K said:
Even with the stock US spec. AP2 2.2L motor, it(torque) has increased some but not quiet enough to go celebrate. .

It's actually a nice difference it made me forget about having to rev to 9k. Plus they made the powerband more accessible on the low-mid range end and that helps quite a bit.

WingZ said:
It's actually a nice difference it made me forget about having to rev to 9k. Plus they made the powerband more accessible on the low-mid range end and that helps quite a bit.

I agree with you in principle when comparing stock AP1 with stock AP2. Only my evaluation came after I had driven a LoveFab turbo'd AP1 before test driving another friend's stock '05 AP2 :biggrin: So I understand what you are saying from your experience and it sure is true, it just does not come anywhere close to the feeling of a turbo'd ap1 or ap2 for that matter :wink:

Back