2006 Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina

How far will the next NSX be behind the rest of the world by the time its released ??

Finally, the world has real pictures of the newest Ferrari supercar. Up until five minutes ago, there was only a myriad of concept sketches, photoshops and images of wooden bucks to go by, so we held this feature back until the definitive articles arrived.

What these images reveal are a seriously dedicated project by James Glickenhaus and Pininfarina to come up with a one-off Ferrari that is both exotic and usable. Included are behind the scenes shots and one in particular that makes the impressive Pininfarina wind tunnel look better than it ever has.

For anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of the Ferrari P4/5 in person, it will make a debut at the Pebble Beach Concours in a few weeks and also be revealed to the international press at the Paris Motor Show.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 664
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 559
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 376
More pics

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 463
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 413
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 318
Last ones

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 387
Thanks for the post.

C&D has a write up on it with complete photos and the story behind it along with the specs on the weight ~2550 lbs (~700 lbs lighter than the Enzo)! It cost around $4 million dollars to make it.

Cheers,

Max

Yeah your right the 3rd pic is a Porsche how did that sneek in

Those are nice exhausts....or "stacks" on that car!!! I guess they'd be good for high water when offroading!!! Nice looking otherwise though. I think it's a little overcooked and over the top. For 4 mil....give me an Enzo, Carrera GT, Aston Martin Vanquish, Cessna Caravan, and a sweet house. If I want smoke stacks, I'll buy a Kenworth with it as well. JMHO. :smile:

The first time I saw it I wasn't sure, but the more I look, the more I like.

It is probably just that red with a black top connection... :biggrin:

NSX-SA said:
How far will the next NSX be behind the rest of the world by the time its released ??

Finally, the world has real pictures of the newest Ferrari supercar. Up until five minutes ago, there was only a myriad of concept sketches, photoshops and images of wooden bucks to go by, so we held this feature back until the definitive articles arrived.

What these images reveal are a seriously dedicated project by James Glickenhaus and Pininfarina to come up with a one-off Ferrari that is both exotic and usable. Included are behind the scenes shots and one in particular that makes the impressive Pininfarina wind tunnel look better than it ever has.

For anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of the Ferrari P4/5 in person, it will make a debut at the Pebble Beach Concours in a few weeks and also be revealed to the international press at the Paris Motor Show.

Hmmmmm, that's very weird. That looks exactly like a Ferrari Enzo that I saw pictures of just recently. I won't say where I saw the photos but it was an Enzo that was sent back with Ferrari's permission to get the coachwork redone by Pininfarina. I thought the car was a "one off" for a very lucky and well financed customer but not something that would be produced again. The pictures were of exactly that car all the way down to the NY license plate.

Attachments

• Pininfarina-Ferrari-P4-5-interior-med.jpg
    Pininfarina-Ferrari-P4-5-interior-med.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 216
That in cabin view is exactly why I'll never buy a f-car.
I like to see all around the vehicle.

Yup thats just the one off Enzo redesigned by Pininfarina. So think of it like the veilside kit for the nsx......same car with a different bodykit.

ediddynsx said:
Yup thats just the one off Enzo redesigned by Pininfarina. So think of it like the veilside kit for the nsx......same car with a different bodykit.

If that's the case, this is the worlds most expensive bodykit :tongue:

tjobeid said:
Wtf is this batman? i mean its like batmans car with a gocart engine.
I think that you know not of what you speak, the current issue of Car and Driver in describing Pebble Beach got it right, it's an instant classic. It's absolutely magnificent, takes the Enzo (which I don't think is particularly pretty) and improves upon it in every way, and it still is street driveable. The man that had it built is a visionary, we should hope that he'd like to get involved in the next NSX, now that would be something!!!!

But did you all know that James Glickenhaus also owns a UK Red / Black NSX since July 02 according to a source :)

simonprelude said:
But did you all know that James Glickenhaus also owns a UK Red / Black NSX since July 02 according to a source :)

I will ask him this weekend when I see him. This will be the first time I will see his new Ferrari also......pics to come.......Stay tuned.:cool:

ediddynsx said:

except pininfarina does tons of design for ferrari..... and they have some of the nicest designs in the world, i think.

but i guess you could think of it like that.... kinda like all the GMs out there with 5 names for the same car/truck. :tongue:

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I will ask him this weekend when I see him. This will be the first time I will see his new Ferrari also......pics to come.......Stay tuned.:cool:
Bailey, that's next weekend, don't expect to see it tomorrow!!!!:biggrin:

Will be very interested to know :)

The NSX owner claimed to own a P4, the only original one in the UK (330 P3/4) and the new P4/5 are both owned by James Glickenhaus (according to the n'ever' wrong wikipedia) so who knows :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Glickenhaus

Acura NsX Pilot said:

Back