2005 NSX on ebay

NetViper said:
First 2005 I have seen on there. White/black. Would make an awesome Type R project!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5337&item=4507219289&rd=1

I am a fan of NSX's and it hurts me to say this but why doesn't Acura just give up on the car.

With the numbers they are selling of new NSX's it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Without a major upgrade to the car to cut weight or increase the horsepower greatly the car no longer has a market worth going after. They seem to be milking the car for everything it is worth. It reminds me of Muhamed Ali who went too long fighting and ended up being a has been.

Carguy! said:
It reminds me of Muhamed Ali who went too long fighting and ended up being a has been.
I have to disagree with you. Ali has been recognized and revered for his place in sports history. I recall a poignant moment during the opening ceremony of a recent olympiad that showcased Ali. A very powerful and lasting image indeed. Unfortunately for he and his family, the ravages of Parkinsons has left him severely impaired physically.

As for the NSX, as always, more HP is the only way to give the car a hope of competing for sales in the current marketplace.

I thought, It was just me, checking out the 05' on e-bay.
I should have hit the Florida lottery for 60 million this past week! I would be the new owner of this sweet car. :biggrin:

Carguy! said:
With the numbers they are selling of new NSX's it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Without a major upgrade to the car to cut weight or increase the horsepower greatly the car no longer has a market worth going after.

I don't know about that. I am sure they have recouped all their R&D etc. etc. Even if they sell 220 cars @ $80K, that is $17 million year extra revenue. Why not keep it around. Easy money.

D'Ecosse said:
I don't think so - I believe it's all-white & a "T"

Glad to see they still got that good old cassette player in there - anyone remember what they are? :rolleyes:

Right color combination meaning white/black interior not for the NSXR but right for me.

Armando

That car looks like it has been smacked already. THe left door is just a poor fit and there is no front spoiler. If that is the current Acura standard of fit and finish I would never buy an NSX.

AU_NSX said:
I am amased by this... How, can you have a 2005 build car when it is NOT 2005 yet??? :confused:

As long as a car only sees one January it can be called the next model year. This means a car built in Feb. 94 is a 95 in North America if the manufacturer wishes it to be a 95.

supra2nv said:
youre kidding right?
Definetly not!... Genuine question

NsXMas said:
This is maybe not an Aussy practice? Here in the US it is standard practice to build/sell next year models in the current year.
Thanks NsxMas,
No, it is not an Aussie practice... In Australia, that would be fraud... The year of the vehicle is the year of manufacture or "build date" which is stamped in the engine bay.

Tony Montoya said:
As long as a car only sees one January it can be called the next model year. This means a car built in Feb. 94 is a 95 in North America if the manufacturer wishes it to be a 95.
1. So, if you are buying a second hand car... Say a car built in 02/93 but when new it was advertised as a "94"... Today, you would advertise the car as a '93 or a '94?

2. If you had a car built in 2002... It was advertised at the time as a 2003 model but did not sell. Would you advertise it then as the 2004 model in 2003?

3. If you had an NSX, which was built in 2001 (so it has the pop-up lights)... When new, could they say it was a 2002 model even though we are all aware that the 2002 model is the revised model?

Sorry if I seem a bit stupid asking these questions, I am just trying to understand the system that's all...

AU_NSX said:
Definetly not!... Genuine question

Thanks NsxMas,
No, it is not an Aussie practice... In Australia, that would be fraud... The year of the vehicle is the year of manufacture or "build date" which is stamped in the engine bay.

1. So, if you are buying a second hand car... Say a car built in 02/93 but when new it was advertised as a "94"... Today, you would advertise the car as a '93 or a '94?

2. If you had a car built in 2002... It was advertised at the time as a 2003 model but did not sell. Would you advertise it then as the 2004 model in 2003?

3. If you had an NSX, which was built in 2001 (so it has the pop-up lights)... When new, could they say it was a 2002 model even though we are all aware that the 2002 model is the revised model?

Sorry if I seem a bit stupid asking these questions, I am just trying to understand the system that's all...

1. The car with be a '94 through its entire life
2. It would still be a 2003
3. No only the manufacturer gives it the year when it is sold.

Regarding year decided by manufacturer. I have a car made in May of 96. The manufacturer decided the cars were piling up unsold so they took the 96 VIN plate off and re-issued a new VIN to make it a 97

I love the new NSX even more than when it came out and I wish I could buy a new one.

Back