2005 NFR/onyx JH4NA21655S000233

That is one fine looking example..........Steve

not a fan of red but she is nice.

prices are going up and up on these cars.

Hey Guys, FYI

I looked at this car on Sunday afternoon. Dealer was not open of course. Dealer had a note on the car that they had just gotten it in and no detailing had been done. This is at Bobby Rahal Mercedes in Wexford, PA. A very reputable dealer, from what I hear. (I am originally from Pittsburgh area - visiting here from Raleigh, NC)

Here's my take on this car. It appears to be very original, obviously a very low mileage car. Carfax indicates that it indeed is a one owner car, purchased in early 06 and led it's entire life in Pittsburgh. The first thing I spotted was a very tiny dent over the driver's side rear wheel well. No paint damage - probably could be repaired easily by dent wizard or the like. Paint needs a restoration - lots of swirls, etc. But I am sure this could be corrected to near perfect finish by a good detailer.

Panel fit everywhere was perfect EXCEPT the rear trunklid. Now I could not raise the trunk to check fender bolts, but in my experience every time I have seen an NSX with the trunklid NOT in perfect alignment - it has had some body work. The rear bumper cover appeared to be replaced. (The paint finish and color match appeared to be near perfect). I say this because the fit between the cover and the rear fenders did not look factory original.

I could be wrong, but my guess is this NSX had some rear end damage that was repaired.

Otherwise, this was a very nice NSX.

Last edited:
i think we need to be careful on jumping to conclusions without additional information

1) what does the carfax say?
2) opening the rear trunklid.
- are the vin tags in place for each quarter
- is the vin tag in place on the rear bumper
- is the gin tag in pace on the rear trunk lid
- evidence on any of these panels of a respray (dirt the paint, color mismatch, differences in orange peal versus the doors, tape marks)
or take a paint depth gauge to these panels.

the point being, the above post could be onto something more to look at, or completely false information. without further research at this point we dont know

i think we need to be careful on jumping to conclusions without additional information

- evidence on any of these panels of a respray (dirt the paint, color mismatch, differences in orange peal versus the doors, tape marks)

the point being, the above post could be onto something more to look at, or completely false information. without further research at this point we dont know

Agreed. But in my experience, I have never seen a super low mileage, untouched NSX that didn't have perfect panel fit and correct gaps on the trunk lid. Maybe the trunk lid was removed for some reason and then re-attached and not correctly aligned? Regardless, there's a story there - and I decided based on what I saw that further investigation was unnecessary - and I would walk away from this one. If I'm spending north of $60k - don't need any stories!

I totally agree with you Tom.
While the poster's opinion is mostmprobably not malicious, this shows the peril of the Internet and the unchecked observations that could destroy or at least malign the integrity of a car, an object or indeed a person.

Just spoke with Bobby Rahal Mercedes in Pittsburgh. The car has been sold and is being delivered today. Wondering if anyone on Prime purchased this NSX?

awesome congrats to the new owner:biggrin:

Good spot, Mike.

That bad boy still looks nice. But for $80 K asking, think we'll pass for now. :redface:

Panel fit everywhere was perfect EXCEPT the rear trunklid.

It could be that it is missing the little rubber bands near the trunk hinge... they were discussed recently, can't find the thread

looks like a dealer to dealer deal with a silly price raise

Back