2005 Mustang spy photo

I saw this yesterday in the Mustang forum that I read. I agree, that design isn't the most attractive (looks like a squared off Thunderbird). If it indeed is the new Mustang, then I'm glad I bought one of the current generation models.

I like it.Its a cross betreen the boxy styled
early 80's and 93(my favorite) body and the original 60's styling (was my original favorite).now a bit too nostalgic for me.

The only body's I "didn't like were the 94-98 model year and it does'nt look at all like that to me.

I'm not going to buy one either way "but" I know theres a market for them looking as they are designing especially because the lower price tag than some cars.

Theres a strong following of the pony cars,just go to one of our Copperstate Mustang Club meetings or shows.

I think Ford "specifically" Mustangs have always had a solid amount of sales .I do not have "any" statistics "but" I look and see that the #4 was created by 2+2.

There quite a few 25-55 year olds that are gonna be buying them IMO.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 06 December 2002).]

Pretty disappointing, especially when Ford did such a good job with retro cues on the new Thunderbird.

I think I like this drawing better:

2005_GT_drawing.jpg

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
I think I like this drawing better:

I like that. Vintge Aston Martin look.

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 09 December 2002).]

i honestly dont like it, granted the front has markings of the old, and the wheels are closer like a BMW, and the windshield & rollbar look like a Merc-Benz kompressor convert. and the rear looks like somethin off maybe a audi TT....

it really looks like somebody shoved all the cars in the closet, lots of booze, and out came fords bastard child of a sports car...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

now the bastard child senario works with other car manufactuers too...

look at the new 350z, i happen to like Z cars, but when i first saw a 350, the only thing that came to mind was 300z, audi quattro TT, and a closet... and vwa-la we have our bastard child 350z.

now i still like the 350, its great that they brought it back, and its new styling is startin to grow on me... but when i first saw it i really didnt care for it..

just MHO....

gosh.. it looks like a current mustang sides, BMW+SLK+AUDI head nose, 300ZX convertible T bar and rear

The new Mustang is hideous...

Too many interior design clues were taken from this picture below for my liking.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/include/iv.php3?in=/brochures/ftype/ftype_at_2000_naias_5w.jpg

I hate it even more so because this car in the photo won't be produced for another 3-4 years (if ever).

I can see the headlines now, "Ford designers discovers secret cache of acid and design new Mustang"

But everyone will love it, people will buy it, and Ford thinks they did the Mustang name credit. Gotta love THAT!!

[This message has been edited by JaguarXJ6 (edited 02 January 2003).]

Some purists and others (like me) think that eventually, Jaguar may be a Ford "options package" to one of their baseline models.

With that said, every manufacturer borrows cues from each other hehe, its just so blatant that we (Jaguar) design a 70-80k sports coupe that won't be produced and the new Mustang has that same retro metal simplified interior scheme.

I'd have bought an F-Type if it was a real sports car. Instead, I'm going to buy an NSX.

Aston Martin builds high performance V12's, Jaguar builds silky smooth tourers with lots of low end torque. Because Aston Martin was traditionally with a V12, Jaguar is not allowed to persue building another one so Aston Martin can remain the only (or one of) Ford V12 brands. Horse$hit!

Ford can stick it with their new Mustang.

The GT40 is a nice piece of automotive art though
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by JaguarXJ6 (edited 02 January 2003).]

Hope it looks better in person. But then again it doesn't have any competition anymore from GM so of course it will sell. I work at a Ford dealership so I should get a first look at one whenever they get shipped in.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I am not a big fan of Mustangs, My favorite body style was the 98' Cobra, That looked pretty sweet.

------------------
"So your Honda Civic has 1.6 Litres, Yet my Mountain Dew bottle has 2 Litres."

I can't wait to get a digital version of it in Need for Speed X, and crash it into the trees and barriers to improve the look of the back end
wink.gif

Back