2004 US-Spec NSX Production Numbers

Ben

Experienced Member
I calculated the full set of 2004 US-Spec NSX VINs, and manually got all the color/transmission combos from American Honda's database.

All 2004 cars are NSX-Ts.

Note that 2004 model year NSX production was split among Tochigi for the earlier cars, and Suzuka for the later cars. When the move to Suzuka was made, the VINs were reset. For example, #4T000148 is followed by #4S000001 for the manual transmission cars, and #4T000010 is followed by #4S000001 for the automatic transmission cars.

The highest VINs for 2004 are:

4T000148 for manual cars built at Tochigi
4S000038 for manual cars built at Suzuka
4T000010 for automatic cars built at Tochigi
4S000002 for automatic cars built at Suzuka

For 2004, manual and automatic cars have their own VIN "series", meaning they are numbered differently. So, there would be two #000001 (one for manual, one for automatic), two #000002, and so on and so forth, all the way to #4T000010 and #4S000002, after which, there would only be the manual cars.

Also, manual car #4T000001 and automatic car #4T000001 do not show up in American Honda's system. Luckily, last October, when I was at NSX Fiesta 2005 in Japan, I actually saw manual car #4T000001, so I know it is a Long Beach Blue Pearl with Blue interior. The car is currently owned by Honda Japan and used as a test car. I'm assuming that automatic car #4T000001 is also owned by Honda Japan as a test car, but since I didn't see that one, I had to leave the color combination as unknown for purposes of this database.

The car in question is:

JH4NA12644T000001 (automatic transmission)

If anyone knows of, or has seen this car, feel free to share what you know.

Ideally, someone else should go through and compile their own list, so that we can compare and verify that no mistakes were made when recording the data. After it's been verified no mistakes have been made, this can be added to the production numbers section of the FAQ. Additionally, I have the data for which VIN goes with which color/transmission combo, if anyone was interested in that sort of thing.

Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx Manual: 6
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue Manual: 5
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Manual: 6
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx Auto: 1
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue Auto: 1
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Auto: 0
Silverstone Metallic/Onyx Manual: 45
Silverstone Metallic/Silver Manual: 23
Silverstone Metallic/Onyx Auto: 1
Silverstone Metallic/Silver Auto: 3
New Formula Red/Onyx Manual: 12
New Formula Red/Camel Manual: 20
New Formula Red/Red Manual: 1
New Formula Red/Onyx Auto: 0
New Formula Red/Camel Auto: 1
New Formula Red/Red Auto: 0
Rio Yellow Pearl/Onyx Manual: 17
Rio Yellow Pearl/Yellow Manual: 7
Rio Yellow Pearl/Onyx Auto: 2
Rio Yellow Pearl/Yellow Auto: 1
Berlina Black/Onyx Manual: 18
Berlina Black/Camel Manual: 4
Berlina Black/Red Manual: 6
Berlina Black/Onyx Auto: 0
Berlina Black/Camel Auto: 0
Berlina Black/Red Auto: 0
Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Manual: 4
Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Manual: 9
Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Auto: 0
Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 1
Grand Prix White/White Manual: 1
Grand Prix White/Camel Manual: 1
Grand Prix White/Onyx Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/White Auto: 1
Grand Prix White/Camel Auto: 0
Unknown Manual: 0
Unknown Auto: 1

Total Long Beach Blue Pearl Manual: 17
Total Long Beach Blue Pearl Auto: 2
Total Silverstone Metallic Manual: 68
Total Silverstone Metallic Auto: 4
Total New Formula Red Manual: 33
Total New Formula Red Auto: 1
Total Rio Yellow Pearl Manual: 24
Total Rio Yellow Pearl Auto: 3
Total Berlina Black Manual: 28
Total Berlina Black Auto: 0
Total Imola Orange Pearl Manual: 13
Total Imola Orange Pearl Auto: 0
Total Grand Prix White Manual: 3
Total Grand Prix White Auto: 1
Total Unknown Manual: 0
Total Unknown Auto: 1

Total Long Beach Blue Pearl: 19
Total Silverstone Metallic: 72
Total New Formula Red: 34
Total Rio Yellow Pearl: 27
Total Berlina Black: 28
Total Imola Orange Pearl: 13
Total Grand Prix White: 4
Total Unknown: 1

Total Manual: 186
Total Auto: 12

Grand Total 2004 US-Spec NSX: 198

2005 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62909

2003 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62978

2002 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63142

2001 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63161

2000 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63218

1999 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65231

1991-1998 data available here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/productionnumbers.htm

Time permitting, I'll run the 1998 data as well to verify the information currently in the FAQ.

Last edited:
Geez, what's with the lack of Grand Prix White? It boggles my mind that more of those cars weren't ordered....:confused:

comquat1 said:
Geez, what's with the lack of Grand Prix White? It boggles my mind that more of those cars weren't ordered....:confused:

In my opinion, Grand Prix White doesn't look good with the white painted top. I used to have an older Grand Prix White coupe with the black top, and it looked awesome. When time came to get a newer model with a painted top, I chose Silverstone instead of Grand Prix White. I suspect the white painted top contributed a lot to Grand Prix White's fall from popularity. I still think the White with the black top is still one of the best color combos ever made.

Ben said:
In my opinion, Grand Prix White doesn't look good with the white painted top. I used to have an older Grand Prix White coupe with the black top, and it looked awesome. When time came to get a newer model with a painted top, I chose Silverstone instead of Grand Prix White. I suspect the white painted top contributed a lot to Grand Prix White's fall from popularity. I still think the White with the black top is still one of the best color combos ever made.

That's true, I agree.

Ben,

Thanks for all the work you've done on this. Hopefully this info will be put in the FAQ or kept someplace permanent on Prime. I know the members on here have enjoyed seeing the info. I personally have found it very interesting since I have #68 from 2004 MY. Thanks again. Take care.

Doc C said:
Ben,

Thanks for all the work you've done on this. Hopefully this info will be put in the FAQ or kept someplace permanent on Prime. I know the members on here have enjoyed seeing the info. I personally have found it very interesting since I have #68 from 2004 MY. Thanks again. Take care.

alum04org said:
AND, great info, Ben. Thanks.

No problem guys. I originally started this project since I wanted to know the 2005 numbers, as I have an '05. I then extended it to 2004, then 2003, and now am working on 1999-2002. Hope everyone finds it useful! :)

Ben, thank you, thank you for the hard work. It's like looking at the "birth parents" information. I Love it. :biggrin:
Is there any info on how many of a perticular color combo came to the states?
My Tochigi # 142 is Yellow/Yellow. I was wondering how many Y/Y made it here to the US.

Thanks again.
Terry

terrypancake said:
Ben, thank you, thank you for the hard work. It's like looking at the "birth parents" information. I Love it. :biggrin:
Is there any info on how many of a perticular color combo came to the states?
My Tochigi # 142 is Yellow/Yellow. I was wondering how many Y/Y made it here to the US.

Thanks again.
Terry

At present, you'll have to go into each of the respective links for 2002-2005 at the top of the thread, and total up all the Yellow/Yellow by hand. At some point in time, I'll total up the results for all years, but not sure when I'll get to it.

Wow 474 blk/ivorys in 1991.....seems like a lot but it isn't. I am number 553 :smile:

Great info. Thanks for all of the leg work.

How about a list of totalled NSXs? CXan this be done? How many NSXs are left in US? I think there are less than 20,000 NSXs ever bulit in Japan. Less than 9,000 in US.

fannsx said:
How about a list of totalled NSXs? CXan this be done? How many NSXs are left in US? I think there are less than 20,000 NSXs ever bulit in Japan. Less than 9,000 in US.

There a hodgepodge list in the FAQ, but it's not really up to date, I would suspect. The closest thing I can think of is to run Carfax on all the VINs, and see which ones have salvage titles, but even then, it's no guarantee, as Carfax is not 100%. I ran all the 2005 VINs before my account expired, and at least 2 of the 2005 cars have salvage titles. That's as close as you are going to get, and it requires a carfax account, and a lot of time and patience. If someone is willing to pay every month for a carfax account, and can write a script to auto-query the data once a month, that would be ideal, but even then it's not 100%.

fannsx said:

Pssshhh '04??? That's the ugly stepchild year between 2002 and the pinnacle of NSX production (:wink: ) 2005.

Just kidding :smile:

Back