2004 Acura TSX

Have any of you seen the photos of this car slated to go between the TL and RSX? Man... Acura did such a nice job with designing their cars the last several years. What in the hell were they thinking with this one?! It looks like the product of a threesome gone bad between a Toyota Camry, the new Honda Accord, and an Acura RSX. =/ Thumbs down IMO.
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2004/acura/tsx/100213900/photos.html?tid=edmunds.f.review.vdpheaderphoto..0.Acura*

[This message has been edited by Darkcyd (edited 07 February 2003).]

All it is is an ac Acura badged Euro Accord.

It surprises me that the TSX (aka Euro Accord) will only get the 200hp 4 cyl from the RSX. The 240hp V6 from the US Accord is a no-show.

Weird.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

I think it looks pretty cool. I think it's a great replacement for the 4-door Integra. And aftermarket support seems to be all over it.

I do wish they would have put in a more powerful engine, but like when they introduced the current generation TL, I see Acura coming out with a Type-S variation in a year or so.

100-0067_IMG.jpg

bptautosalon0115.jpg

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

I saw a Tsx a few weeks back in person at a car show. It was...well...somewhat ordinary from an exterior standpoint.(the rear is kinda funky) The interior was really nice. I prefer the Mazda 6 styling, but if I had to choose, I would take a Tsx b/c the quality would probably be higher.

Btw, did the Nsx have a model standing next to it? In Japan, doesn't each car have a model standing next to it?

Thanx Darkcyd for posting these clean-cut pix. I wouldn't say the car is ugly though... but not very inspiring. Looks a bit ordinary (Preludes, Accords, Integra's all turn my head , but i dont think this will)

what is its intended marketplace? small family car or something?

i dont like the rear bumper on it... too much of it.

Good - I am not the only person confused by this.

You have the TL (stretch Honda Accort with up-market HP and interior) and you have the brand new Accord with an awesome luxury interior and a V6 = 240 HP.

Now you have another Acura which is basically an Accord with a 4 cylandar engine? Is this supposed to be a step up for all the 4cyl Accord shoppers who don't want a V6?

Oh well - all conjecture and I haven't looked up the pricing but the TL's are very reasonable for the content and I assume this will be less money then that so maybe it will end up less then a V6 EX with all the options.

Back