2004 Acura TL

NICE! I hope this is true!

My favorite caption:

"All models of the ‘04 TL will be equipped with an engine that is more powerful than the current TL Type-S
In addition to the 5-speed SportShift automatic, a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission will be available "

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=835

--Conrad
98 Acura NSX-T
04 Acura TL 6MT NAVI? :D

Yeah, I was talking to Justin over at Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad today. He gave me the same details.

Hmmm, makes me consider trading in my 99 when it turn 5 years old in October. It's all about Abyss Blue Pearl, babee!!!

-Randy

P.S. re: 04 Acura TL 6MT NAVI? You and me, we think the same!! :D

FuryNSX said:
Yeah, I was talking to Justin over at Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad today. He gave me the same details.

Hmmm, makes me consider trading in my 99 when it turn 5 years old in October. It's all about Abyss Blue Pearl, babee!!!

-Randy

P.S. re: 04 Acura TL 6MT NAVI? You and me, we think the same!! :D

That's what I'm saying Randy! Abyss Blue Pearl for me! We'll see... I may just end up with a TSX... regardless... it must have a manual with Navigation.

I was over at acuraworld.com and they linked to pics from acura-tsx.com. A new TL was spotted in Seattle.

I'm diggin' it even more. I love the LED instrumentation!!!

Attachments

• aa008.jpg
    aa008.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 285
Looking all the same

This new TL looks is an absolute ripoff of the TSX. I pulled out my TSX brochure and it's nearly identical. Only the rear deck is different with a slightly revised front bumper. I liked the days when each Acura model had their distinctive look. All Acura did was take the TSX, glorify it a bit and call it a TL. Perhaps this TSX in disguise should be glorified even more and called an RL.

Keep in mind that the TSX's design was based off this TL. The TSX/Accord just made it to the market faster.

I too liked it when each Acura model was different... but I'm not complaining about the new Acura look. It beats the old look by far. BMW, Mercedes and some others do the same thing.

The new TL is going to have more hp than the old TLS, so figure about 265-270hp. So is the new TLS going to have more hp than the NSX?

This wouldn't look good to have a 35k car with more hp than the 90k flagship.

sabashioyaki said:
any honda-acura owner should know that there is more to a car than the hp numbers.

do the fenders bend all the way around to the inside of the headlights or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

i give it a thumbs up!! yea it looks like a tsx... but that's what i like about it.

sabashioyaki said:
The new TL is going to have more hp than the old TLS, so figure about 265-270hp. So is the new TLS going to have more hp than the NSX?

I say 280hp...at least. If that's the case, the the TL-S will have more hp than the '91-94 NSX. What's the big deal? Are we not supposed to want innovative and more powerful cars over the course of 12 years?

Ponyboy said:
I say 280hp...at least. If that's the case, the the TL-S will have more hp than the '91-94 NSX. What's the big deal? Are we not supposed to want innovative and more powerful cars over the course of 12 years?

Funny, if I wanted a more powerful car then I wouldn't have bought an NSX. If innovative and more powerful cars are what we wanted, then why are we driving NSXs? I drive mine for the balance, feel, and looks. Definately not for the power, although it is enough for me.

The base TL will not be at least 280hp, Acura has said only a little more power than the TLS.

sabashioyaki said:

The base TL will not be at least 280hp, Acura has said only a little more power than the TLS.

The word little is relative and may mean different amount to different people. Considering how the Infiniti G35 Coupe has 280HP it's not unreasonable to assume that the new TL will at least match or even beat it.

Back