2004 Acura TL

http://autos.msn.com/vip/futuremodel.aspx?familyid=118&pictureid=3&usage=image&src=vip

whatcha think? i'm about ready to unload the IS and get a new sedan. i really like the new TSX, but i've known the new TL was on its way. These are the first pics i've seen and i'm not quite sure what to think. these are pics of the concept TL, so its anyone's guess as to how close the production model will look. guess i'll just have to wait until i can see both at the showroom.

Looks like an upgraded TSX to me

Looks just like a TSX except for a different grille and rear end. The style of the front lights and rear doors all say TSX.

I agree with Vytas, looks like a TSX on steroids (and no mirrors).
I supect the production model won't have 19" wheels or the big Brembo binders - too bad.

Re: Looks like an upgraded TSX to me

Vytas said:
Looks just like a TSX except for a different grille and rear end. The style of the front lights and rear doors all say TSX.
that's what i'm liking about it. i really like the styling of the TSX.
acura is obviously going with the "same sausage different lengths" thinking that has been so successful for other automakers.
i think the new RL will be a winner if they go with styling similar to what i'm seeing here. (and bring back the "legend" name.)

I just popped over to Acura's website to compare the TSX vs the above link. I can see some subtle differences here and there, but the new TL is 95% a TSX in looks. My father has been lamenting over whether or not to purchase a TL Type-S. This ought to push him into buying a 2003 before the '04's come out.

I may be slow to catch this.. but will it not come with side mirrors? Or where are they?

Tiger740 said:
I may be slow to catch this.. but will it not come with side mirrors? Or where are they?
those are pics of the concept model.
i guess the mirrors weren't ready for the photo shoot.

Deja Vu

Tiger740 said:
Hm.... wasn't there a thread about this before? I recall reading something about cameras where the side mirrors normally go and air jets instead of wipers. I'm having a hard time search for the thread since the forums software has a 3-letter word minimum (can't search for "TL").

EDIT: Doh - POWERED by HONDA always beats me :)

Over all I like it. The rear end will take a bit getting used to but it is not bad at all. I'd buy it. We just have to wait and see what the real production model will look like. I'm thinking it won't come with the 19" rims but probably 17" standard with an optional 18" or maybe a TL-S version with 18" rims.

yea you guys are right. i'm reading the latest issue of import tuner (just arrived) and it talks about the side view cameras as well as the high pressure air windshield cleaner.
its really starting to grow on me.

supergreen125 said:

its really starting to grow on me.

My initial reaction when I first saw these pics a few weeks ago was that I didn't like it. Then again, most often that is my reaction whenever a new version of a loved car comes out. (I have a current generation TL.) But, after looking at it for a while, it began growing on me, and I currently like it. I like the proportions, particularly the shorter f/r overhang, and the taller trunklid over the current one. (Looks more up to date.)

-Randy

I think it looks cool, for a grocery hauler. :)

Vytas: what is that in your avatar??

Fury: nice avatar LOL! What happened to the Darth Vader one? Amazing what you can see when you turn on avatars. ;)

My Avatar

My avatar is of an F-14 Tomcat going supersonic. The vapor cloud forms around the aircraft as it transitions to supersonic flight.

Here's a larger picture.

Attachments

• f-14super.jpg
    f-14super.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 181
I like the idea of video mirrors... less noise-whistle and no drive-by-mirror-smashes. :( The exhaust pipes will take a little getting used too.... but if it's got the magic [H] logo, i'm sold. :)

Vytas: isn't your avatar a screenshot from a short video clip?

Fury changed his avatar because Darth Vader just wasn't BADDDD enough... :D

Re: My Avatar

Vytas said:
My avatar is of an F-14 Tomcat going supersonic. The vapor cloud forms around the aircraft as it transitions to supersonic flight.
Very neat, thanks for the blow-up! The F14 was one of my favorite planes as a kid. :cool:

NeoNSX said:
Vytas: isn't your avatar a screenshot from a short video clip?

There is a video clip of an F-14 with a vapor cloud around it but this was an actual photo. I found the original in a naval picture archive a while ago.

Back