2003 yellow 4 sale for under $40K

For those who have not seen this, I found this nice 2003 yellow listed in eBay (San Diego location) with an amazing low asking price. The auction even has an offer button option. Low miles, clean carfax. If no stories and service records, this car won't last.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...fdfQQitemZ260406579167QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

!BR9jHTwBmk~$(KGrHgoOKjoEjlLmErDsBK!vfD7fyw~~_1.JPG

Last edited:
You're right about it not lasting long.

The link no longer works.

I just googled the VIN for this car from the ad. I had to go search for it on Ebay's site as your link doesn't work. Google found an old ad when this car was for sale in New York back in 2007 and the car sold for $58,499. The pictures are the exact same and the ad is cut and pasted, word for word and even kept in all caps. See the ad here. I'm going to say this is a scam.

scam.. i contacted this seller via email.. he said he won't talk on the phone and is out of the country right now. "the benefits of the sale will go to his friend who is in the hospital in nevada" The car can't be seen in person and requires wiring $3500 USD first to start the transaction....

anyways its a scam.. stay away... i already contacted ebay in regards to this car.....

My cut'n paste of the eBay ad URL didn't work the first time. I posted it again and it now works. As to whether the ad is legit or not is another matter. As Mr. White's nice research shows, this car posting may not be real. Good job Mr. White. Still, if it is real, quite a deal.

Last edited:
scam.. i contacted this seller via email.. he said he won't talk on the phone and is out of the country right now. "the benefits of the sale will go to his friend who is in the hospital in nevada" The car can't be seen in person and requires wiring $3500 USD first to start the transaction....

anyways its a scam.. stay away... i already contacted ebay in regards to this car.....

Oh well. A scam makes sense for this asking price. Thanks for the CSI work. At least we now know. Hopefully, no one is foolish enought to fall for an old scam like that.

Oh well. A scam makes sense for this asking price. Thanks for the CSI work. At least we now know. Hopefully, no one is foolish enought to fall for an old scam like that.

Oh don't worry. Someone will fall for it. These scams pop up all the time for a reason. Hopefully between all of us, we can help some of those people out though.

Oh don't worry. Someone will fall for it. These scams pop up all the time for a reason. Hopefully between all of us, we can help some of those people out though.

Always a fool or idiot thinking he's smart and found a great deal.....sheesh! A fool really is born every minute and on the internet probably quicker! haha :rolleyes:

$3500 to start the conversation? I'll should start my scam at $2500 instead and quit my day job.

That yellow is definately a scam but the 2002 Red/Black advertised here on Prime for $44k is definatly not...wowzers!:biggrin:

Back