2003 Honda Accord

Looks like a blown mutated civic... I seen sketch of the 2003Accord on the May issue of Motor Trend and it looks nothing like the accord in that link, and it looks much better then the one in that link...

This is the first time in recent memory that a Honda offering looks WORSE than the competitive Toyota offering. Toyta sometimes wins on features (i.e. V6 manual Solara), but is consistently behind Honda in terms of what I would consider to be classic styling. Perhaps it will look better in person, but I hope this isn't a trend.

I don't think it looks that bad. I just need to see better pictures, particularly of the front end. As with early shots of the current fixed headlight NSX (remember, frog like, etc.), I'll reserve judgement until I see one up close.

(Also, I'd like to see what the coupe looks like.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Hmmm... Throw in fake mercedes slab sides and roofline with smaller windows, sagging rear, and a Ford puma front end.

I think the last generation looks much better.

Am I the only one that likes the Honda Prelude, Accord, Civic, Legend (and yes, NSX) of the years '91-'93 more than the later models?
They had that more agrressive look... maybe it is just me!
smile.gif

I agree, this trend towards tall, skinny looking cars needs to stop.

Taller roof lines... unsightly styling... doing away with 4 wheel double wishbones... the end is nigh!(or not
smile.gif
)

The RSX, TL, and CL give me hope. That hope is reinforced by the MDX, and the new Honda Pilot. Hopefully these pictures are of disguised Accords, cause that tail end reminds me of a Saturn.

Acura still seems to have a handle on what American enthusiasts like. Hopefully Honda will get clued in by their prettier sister.

Phil

------------------
integra.gif

Hmm.. the coupe looks nothing like the 4 door. It reminds me a LOT of the CL.

I think think the 4-door looks terrible. I really like to current style of the accord, what a shame.

i'm dissapointed with the new accord. personaly i thought that b/c the prelude bit the dust, the new 2 door accord would become the new sports car for people that can't afford an s2000... i didn't expect honda to leave the way the accord looks now after such a short stay, and go towards a saturn or ford taurus design
frown.gif

------------------
Paul~
[email protected]

Back