2003 Auto NSX on Craigslist for $46k!

If I could figure a way to put a decent Dual Clutch Transmission in my NSX I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Seriously guys what is all the hate on automatics? You know this is a free country and people can drive what they want to. My Dad's NSX is an auto and we know many other NSX owners in Michigan and never one word has been uttered about it being an auto yet all I ever hear on this board is hate on autos. Would you do the same to some ones face? I think not b/c it is easier to put one down on the Internet. The car is plenty fast, plenty of fun, etc. He drove many manuals growing up and did not want another manual thus buying an auto. I cannot drive a manual due to a foot/leg issue I have so my cars will always be autos. Are you going to hate on my auto as well? Sometimes you should think before you start putting it down there may be a good reason for buying the auto. You all need to grow up a tad and quit hating on autos it gets OLD real fast........ :rolleyes:

just saw this thread and i thought of the exact same thing...

aut-o-matic

yeah, baby-bee

and let's not forget "Otto"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lr8WXP9PItk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lr8WXP9PItk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

EKIN95 they never said anything but they were thinking it. trust me. lol

I think the real hate on guys that drive aut-O-matics is we feel that they dont know how to drive stick.

its kinda like if you cant drive a stick then you shouldnt have a sports car mentality ya know.

nothing wrong with people that cant drive stick but if a hot blonde chick can drive a stick then ..... well you get the picture

another thing is the automatic NSX are like a BASE model de-tuned almost an NSX but not quite there.

like an DX accord with no factory a/c and then you have the Accord V6-EXL loaded kinda thing.

Im not tring to hate but there are probably alot of guys out there that cant drive stick.

now most of these bad ass F-cars and Lamb are auto but the price tag makes up for it

now most of these bad ass F-cars and Lamb are auto but the price tag makes up for it
I'm pretty sure none of the current F-cars and Lambos are automatics.

I've been told by Corvette owners that 90% of all Corvettes are automatic and my personal observation is about 90% of US NSXs are stick. On the other hand, I've heard that in Japan the automatic NSX outnumbers the stick by a large margin.

For whatever reason, automatic NSXs never caught on in the USA. Not really sure why. Even though I don't want one myself, I don't hate on them at all.

well theres one that cant drive stick. LOL

we dont use bad words here either. well not all the time.

I think that true car guys like the feel of the manual tranny versus the auto as you feel part of the road and you feel every bump you feel like your part of the car. and shifting makes you feel like your making the car go faster and faster with your adrenaline pumping thru your veins ya know

you need to learn stick and you will know what we mean.

DOCJON so funny. lol

QueenLives very funny and in spanish to. lol

Last edited:
Prior NSX owner searching for (yet) another auto NSX -

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1359714#post1359714

Folks need to understand that the few automatic transmission NSX's ('specially newer model years) built, that remain nice, will have a limited audience but still a loyal following. Much more to say on topic but I'll stand down.

Seriously guys what is all the hate on automatics? You know this is a free country and people can drive what they want to. My Dad's NSX is an auto and we know many other NSX owners in Michigan and never one word has been uttered about it being an auto yet all I ever hear on this board is hate on autos. Would you do the same to some ones face? I think not b/c it is easier to put one down on the Internet. The car is plenty fast, plenty of fun, etc. He drove many manuals growing up and did not want another manual thus buying an auto. I cannot drive a manual due to a foot/leg issue I have so my cars will always be autos. Are you going to hate on my auto as well? Sometimes you should think before you start putting it down there may be a good reason for buying the auto. You all need to grow up a tad and quit hating on autos it gets OLD real fast........ :rolleyes:
You have issues :eek:
that's a total opinion. If you are so smart why do they make SC and turbos?

anyways I like both...... 5 and 6 speeds :biggrin:

automatics are for lazy and/or incompetent drivers or for people who have honest disabilities

You have issues :eek:
that's a total opinion. If you are so smart why do they make SC and turbos?

anyways I like both...... 5 and 6 speeds :biggrin:

automatics are for lazy and/or incompetent drivers or for people who have honest disabilities

For lazy or incompetent drivers you say? Man that is such a mature comment. I would say you are the one w/ issues or just an asshole, I cannot tell. I am one of those who have an honest disability and my Dad chose the auto b/c he wanted to. Does that make him incompetent in your opinion? One never thinks of the people who drive an auto may have a damn good reason for it they just instead act like a child and put it down, laugh at it, or some of your great remarks. :rolleyes: Suffice to say I am not the one w/ issues I just get fed up w/ the child-like posts about autos as if to say one who drives a manual or some what better.

What ever.......I'm done w/ this topic............:frown:

Whooooooa there fellas.

Ekin95 I think some of us (myself included) only added the smilies or other faces to extend the thread. None of us said we "hated" automatics.

Do a search on Prime and you'll see where I defend Automatics and actually posted a wanted ad prior looking for one. I've even driven one of the newer NSX's owned by Brad in Toronto at last years NSXPO. It was superb! If you are a power kind of guy then the automatic isn't for you. However, if you are happy with the performance that the automatic offers then its a great car, especially if you are driving in town daily or quite often.

Even ask Alum4Org as he and I have had extensive conversations about automatics and searching for one.

You've got an NSX...that's all that matters.

Whooooooa there fellas.

Ekin95 I think some of us (myself included) only added the smilies or other faces to extend the thread. None of us said we "hated" automatics.

Do a search on Prime and you'll see where I defend Automatics and actually posted a wanted ad prior looking for one. I've even driven one of the newer NSX's owned by Brad in Toronto at last years NSXPO. It was superb! If you are a power kind of guy then the automatic isn't for you. However, if you are happy with the performance that the automatic offers then its a great car, especially if you are driving in town daily or quite often.

Even ask Alum4Org as he and I have had extensive conversations about automatics and searching for one.

You've got an NSX...that's all that matters.

No worries Jetpilot my comments were not targeted at you at all. I know of you searching for an auto and know Alum4org personally and have seen his wife's blue auto many times, I guess I just do not like to be thought of as lazy or incompetent b/c we chose an auto, it is just not right and you are right it is an NSX no matter what the tranny is.

No worries Jetpilot my comments were not targeted at you at all. I know of you searching for an auto and know Alum4org personally and have seen his wife's blue auto many times, I guess I just do not like to be thought of as lazy or incompetent b/c we chose an auto, it is just not right and you are right it is an NSX no matter what the tranny is.

The Automatics also come with the 3.0 engine only, detuned to 252 HP.

IMO that would be icing on the deal breaker.

Whats all this b.s. about .if he likes a auto ,Fine, i have a 6spd and could post volumes why there better than a 5 spd ,who cares ,my opinion , my older brother had a 65 corvette ,327 c.i.,4 spd , went to vietnam ,cant drive a stick anymore , likes the nsx ,does it come in a auto , yea and there cool too, maybe he 'll be another prime member , btw he has two Purple Hearts &a Bronze Star

Back