2003 Acura NSX (VIN JH4NA21673T000001)

Hello NSX owners and fans.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I have been looking at this site for about 5 years always dreaming of owning an NSX. <o:p></o:p>
I have looked at 3-4 cars very seriously over the years but always been afraid to pull the trigger.<o:p></o:p>
I am looking very seriously at this 2003 New Formula red with black interior.<o:p></o:p>
VIN. (JH4NA21673T000001). The car only has 2292 miles on it.<o:p></o:p>
Does anyone know anything about this car? It is owned in Michigan and has had two owners. Had a corrected title due to an error of adding an extra digit in the title when it had only 1000 some miles.<o:p></o:p>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-ACURA-NSX-T-Only-2292-MILES-/190439706294?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c57174eb6#v4-38<o:p></o:p>
I am going to look today at the car and really think this may be the one.<o:p></o:p>
Kind of scary to see how low the miles are - Garage queen and not even broken in. Any thoughts? Could the miles be so low that it would be a problem since the car is 7 years old?<o:p></o:p>
Also would be bringing it back to San Antonio Texas. Only one Acura dealer in town and they assured me they work on NSX's regularly and have a pretty big client base. Anyone have any experience on San Antonio Acura dealer?<o:p></o:p>
Any advice is always appreciated.<o:p></o:p>

I know nothing about that car.......however, I would buy it in an instant. Something like this for a collector will only go up in value. If you put the average 3-4k miles a year on the car like many of us do, it will probably still be worth some coin 10 years out with 30k on the clock.

Timing belt should be considered, new battery, perhaps hoses. If I personally did own this NSX I would not change or upgrade it in any way. This is one to keep in factory stock condition.

IMHO - its a lot of money.

I saw the car on ebay as well as the black car that was listed for some $82K.

The car will only hold value if its kept like new and never has any paintwork or mods, and even then, you can never predict an accident or a key scratch, broken ceiling tile, etc.

I has the same dilemma and decided to go with an older, low mile mint car, so at least my deprecation exposure is not great.

If you want to buy it, keep it in your garage to look at buy a Ferrari, if you buy an NSX drive it like a Honda and enjoy it...

Sam

Looks like a nice car but $65k is a lot of money! Only 3000 miles would also concern me since lack of use can often be as bad on a car as too much use.

Well not to say anything cuz I always get into trouble but if you look at his Seller negative feedback heres the quote

he was tring to sell a Honda Ridgeline and then this person sent him the money and bye bye money.

" Wired money and seller disappeared...law enforcement active and pursuing. SCAM "

2 of his other comments left from other people are No longer a registered users and one of them only has purchase ( 1 ) feedback

maybe Im just paranoid.

the seller has been a member since " Member since: Jul-26-03 "

so maybe thats something to consider

Last edited:
WOW! Good catch Shawn! I hope it isn't too late!

Shawn...I took a look at the seller's feedback and couldn't find any recent transactions. Could you please walk me through how to find info like this? I frequently purchase items on Ebay and would really like to know how to look at all feedback.

Thanks!

Rob

Just contact the seller by phone. Arrange for a local prime member to do a basic lookee see. Never pay for a car unless you see the car in person and wittness the title.

Well not to say anything cuz I always get into trouble but if you look at his Seller negative feedback heres the quote

he was tring to sell a Honda Ridgeline and then this person sent him the money and bye bye money.

" Wired money and seller disappeared...law enforcement active and pursuing. SCAM "

2 of his other comments left from other people are No longer a registered users and one of them only has purchase ( 1 ) feedback

maybe Im just paranoid.

I looked in his EBAY history and didn't see any of this??

I did find this as a seller:

<TABLE class=FbOuterYukon cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>great car, great seller couldnt be happier</TD><TD id=memberBadgeId noWrap>Buyer: Member id cutgrassfarm ( Feedback Score Of 63
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)

</TD><TD noWrap>Jul-10-08 08:46</TD></TR><TR class=bot><TD> </TD><TD>Porsche : 911 (#190226933395)</TD><TD>US $62,500.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for all the advice . I went to look at the car today and it was immaculate.
the owner could not have been any nicer. I spent a few hours looking over the car unfortunately it was raining so Idid not want to drive her.
The owner showed me the original title and all the paperwork for the services that had since new. In july of 2010 the local acura dealer did a complete look over and the only thing they did was change the oil. They said the book requires a timing belt change, however due to the low miles (only 2200 original miles) it was not required.
well the good news is I decided to purchase . I am very excited and can't wait to get her home.

I need to find a shipping company to get her from Michigan to Texas.
I want a closed truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

MKNMOVES,

when you click the number next to the sellers name. when that window pops up there are 4 tabs the last tab says " Feedback left for others "

if you click on the other tabs they dont show up for some reason.

I double check everything now. I learned my lesson LOL

REDNSX you should drive her home and get that experience of first time driving her get to talk with her, and stroke her leather. LOL

think about it, most of us drove ours home. there is nothing like it.

Last edited:
red-nsx: congrats on your purchase! an absolute beauty and you will no doubt be happy with her :smile: best automobile on the planet !! cheers!!! jay

maybe Im just paranoid.

That is the buyer, Member id "danton47", feed back about trying to buy the Ridgeline from Member id "cjo.57"

Negative feedback rating Wired money and seller disappeared...law enforcement active and pursuing. SCAM Seller:
Member id cjo.57 ( Feedback Score Of -1 )

No longer a registered user Jul-02-09 13:17
Honda : Ridgeline (#320385865300) --

Thanks for all the advice . I went to look at the car today and it was immaculate.
the owner could not have been any nicer. I spent a few hours looking over the car unfortunately it was raining so Idid not want to drive her.
The owner showed me the original title and all the paperwork for the services that had since new. In july of 2010 the local acura dealer did a complete look over and the only thing they did was change the oil. They said the book requires a timing belt change, however due to the low miles (only 2200 original miles) it was not required.
well the good news is I decided to purchase . I am very excited and can't wait to get her home.

Thanks again.

Man, red-nsx you just signed on to NSX Prime and I don't like you already, turkey. Taking an NSX out of Michigan! NOT allowed. :redface:

Use Reliable Carriers. Congrats! :biggrin:

Thanks again.

Congrats! Sweet ride! And as for value, people routinely buy 91s with, let's be honest, pretty unknown history for the 30s. If the accepted wisdom is to be that depreciation is pretty much done on those... Well... Let's just say one that is 12 years newer with almost no mileage and a history that is easier to verify by 12 years will, using logic, always be worth a hell of a lot more than that. There are a ton of 91/92s... By 03, hardly any were being made. Not saying it's immune to depreciation, but I do think the logic people enthusiastically apply to the most ancient NA1s should be scaled up accordingly for the newest NA2s

Well it sounds as nice as advertised! Congratulations on the purchase and enjoy, enjoy!

Thanks again.

Also would be bringing it back to San Antonio Texas. Only one Acura dealer in town and they assured me they work on NSX's regularly and have a pretty big client base. Anyone have any experience on San Antonio Acura dealer?

No personal experience with them but there are a few of us running around San Antonio. Welcome :)

Why would you not drive the car back to Texas - that's not even that far? Bond with your car and take the scenic route home. Sounds like a beauty - you can't go wrong with a car like that. It should be perfect for a long time and - not to start a "war" but I agree with the dealer - due to the miles the belt wasn't done. I wouldn't have done it either. My 2 cents worth - but you've got a great car - DRIVE IT! Congratulations!!!!

Thanks for the advise.

My car is being put on a truck tonight for the drive down to Texas. Little too far for me to drive and besides I would not want to put 1300 miles on her that quickly until I know that everything is working well after sitting most of her 7 year life.

Once I get her home, I will post some pics.

Looking forward to seeing the other Texas NSX's around.

Thanks for the advise.

My car is being put on a truck tonight for the drive down to Texas. Little too far for me to drive and besides I would not want to put 1300 miles on her that quickly until I know that everything is working well after sitting most of her 7 year life.

Once I get her home, I will post some pics.

Looking forward to seeing the other Texas NSX's around.

You should WANT to drive the car home, I just picked up my 1998 and drove 1500 miles from MO to South FL and loved every minute of it, even the tire blow out in Tallahassee.

And the best part is when people see the car and ask you if its the "new" Lamborghini...

Sam

Well - she arrived after a week on a truck making numerous stops between Michigan and Texas. She is immaculate and just as promised.

Took her on a few drives around the neighborhood with the wife and daughter.

Figured I would post a few pics.

I highly recommend the Demoise trucking company - they took excellent care of the car and seem to deal with high end cars.

The only thing I cannot get to work is the keyless entry - replaced the batteries and the lights flash in the handheld unit, but it does not open the door. Any advice??

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0089 adjusted.jpg
    IMAG0089 adjusted.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 241
  • IMAG0080 adjusted.jpg
    IMAG0080 adjusted.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Congrats
San Antonio is not that far from Houston. Be sure to come to an NSX Craze (Tx meet we do twice a year).

Well - she arrived after a week on a truck making numerous stops between Michigan and Texas. She is immaculate and just as promised. ..

Looks like my red one. I sold it. When they took it away I looked at it on the flatbed and my hear sank. I knew I made an idiotic mistake, but the deal was done, so I let her go. I wanted to tell the driver to unload it, and call the buyer.. but I felt like I gave my word.. To this day I'm sick about it.

Sorry to rant, seeing your pics took me back. If possible, NEVER SELL IT !!!!

Back