2002 NSX T silver vin JH4NA21672T000224 SALVAGE

I spoke with this gentleman the other night inquiring about this vehicle. He is selling it for a close friend of his. He seemed to be very honest and forthcoming about the condition and shape of the vehicle and I actually mentioned prime, and how me may have some luck on selling it here rather quickly. Just passing along the word.

NO thanks. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
look at this thread 5th post down then scroll down more and see the repaired photos it looks like a kid learning how to weld did the repair. I wouldn’t drive that car if you paid me to.<o:p></o:p>
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81705<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
the car is not safe to drive “ it may start and drive down the road “ <o:p></o:p>
but to RE-Repair what they did to this car would take about 60K<o:p></o:p>
this person should part the car out

Better luck on e-bay <o:p></o:p>

the front wheels ( driverside ) looks about 10 inches off the fenders dont line up and the list goes on and on

Last edited:
here you go

8981_121.jpg

82b9_121.jpg

81b5_121.jpg

now the repaired pics

abcd.jpg

gap.jpg

In the pic A looks like they cut the triangle rad support brace and then used some metal to bolt it to the front beam under the letter A nice as this brace is like 14 bucks at the dealer
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
B
The headlight buckets lines are not true to form doesn’t look right
C again they used the OEM on that they salvaged and turned it a certain way so they could bolt it to something. Then same thing bolted the radiator to the front beam.
D this red line represents where the plastic wiper arm cover should go. And if you look at the “ waves “ they used vise grips to bend it back into shape.
E the bubbling colored part is spray paint after they did a hack job welding it together
This kind of work makes me sick
They should have sold the car and let someone like me fix it correctly. Paid money to have it repaired
They probably took the insurance money and kept the car thinking they could Fix it in their driveway
And only buy a new hood, new lights and new front bumper.
Its sad
To get this car up to par would mean cutting the front of the car off. And re-weld another donor front end onto it. IF the frame is bend which I probably is as the front driver wheel is almost touching the driver door

If you are going to invest any time in an enterprise like this why wouldn't you take the time to do it 100% right? They clearly have some skills but to shortcut, splice, bolt together and half-ass what is visible makes me as scared to operate this craptastic creature as Shawn is. What worries me more is that they may use this thread as a guide to fix the largely surface cosmetic issues and leave the certain, hidden ones for the next owner to discover on his own.
Hopefully not at an HPDE or "spirited" driving...

with the front wheel sitting where it is, i am reminded of the "kit" cars

oh and i wouldnt want this car if i was buying. I personally would never feel confident enough to exceed the posted speed limits (or even come close to the posted limits) on most roads.

Back