2001 NSX-T for $62K - Is that completely unrealistic or is it just me?

I'm currently in the market for a 1997-2001 Red/Tan NSX-T 6spd with ~20-35K miles. I've been tracking sales of the 1997+ NSX-T's and it seems like I should be able to find one for $47-49K (more likely a 97-99, as it seems the newer ones - 00-01 - are selling a bit higher).

First question - is my budget realistic?

Second question - I found a 2001 NSX-T (stock) with about 30K miles at a dealer - asking price - $62K!!!!!:eek:

Is it just me or is that price tag completely unrealistic? Obviously the price is just a starting point, but I would expect a car like this to sell for around $52K. Any thoughts?

You can always make an offer. Pay what you're willing to pay, and then you'll know if it's not enough! :) Good luck finding your perfect NSX.

sounds like a bit much for the 01

I got my 02 with 12k for $65k

The problem with 2001 owner is, 02 is not much more and it's better. Many still like to get as much out of their car as they can't, but 01 is a buyer's market car. Little more you can have a 02.

Unless buyer is in love with the pop up head lights, and the yellow color, he/she should consider pay a little more for a 02.

Good luck....

Vancehu said:
The problem with 2001 owner is, 02 is not much more and it's better. Many still like to get as much out of their car as they can't, but 01 is a buyer's market car. Little more you can have a 02.

What makes it better?:biggrin:

Bought my 2000 red/tan w/ 7400 miles in Oct 05 for $55k. Car was flawless with NO rock chips at all. I thought 55k was a premium for a premium car that looked as it did when it came out of the showroom. So I think $62k is very high especially since it has 30k.

CL65 Captain said:
Bought my 2000 red/tan w/ 7400 miles in Oct 05 for $55k. Car was flawless with NO rock chips at all. I thought 55k was a premium for a premium car that looked as it did when it came out of the showroom. So I think $62k is very high especially since it has 30k.

Thanks for the info, that definitely helps in terms of a ballpark figure. I've been trying to track 1997+ sales in order to get a good idea of the price range I'm looking at.

In terms of 2001 vs. 2002+, I prefer the pop-up headlights, which is why I would like to get a 1997-2001 NSX-T.

Back