2001 logo mystery

Starting a new thread on the NSX I bought yesterday.

As I wrote before I bought it, I was concerned about the Acura logo missing from the center of the tail lights. The dealer I bought it from says he noticed that, and asked the local Acura dealer about it, and they ran the s/n and said is NOT supposed to have the logo. They told him that that if it was supposed to have the logo, one of the digits in the s/n would have been different. Have you ever hesrd of this? Is there someone inside Acura that I can ask? It Kent Shepley still involved in the NSX world? If so, how can I contact him? Any other suggestions? If I ever sell the car, I'd like to be able to say officially whether it is, or is not, supposed to have the logo. I realize this is a very minor point, but I'm one of those anal-retentive garage-queen NSX people (one in every crowd).

The s/n is JH4NA126X1T000001

Thanks.

Gary

Most dealers like to bs so they seem smarter than they are. Surprised they didn't tell you that that meant it was a super super rare special edition NSX and they didn't realize what they sold or they'd doubled the price.

Starting a new thread on the NSX I bought yesterday.

As I wrote before I bought it, I was concerned about the Acura logo missing from the center of the tail lights... If I ever sell the car, I'd like to be able to say officially whether it is, or is not, supposed to have the logo. I realize this is a very minor point, but I'm one of those anal-retentive garage-queen NSX people (one in every crowd).

Why start a new thread when you already knew the correct answer. It also sounds as if this is going to bother you a lot, and maybe you shouldn't have bought the car. However you do have an option. Place a post in the for sale forum that you want to trade your non-sticker center tail light with someone who has the OEM version and all will be fine.

Good luck and enjoy the car.

Late model cars come from the manufacturer with a clear center lens with an Acura badge adhered to the outside of it. It wouldn't surprise me if Acura no longer makes the older style lense with the sticker inside. You probably got a car that has had the center lense replaced with a newer part.

If it continues to bother you, as mentioned above, offer it for trade with a proper lens. I'm sure a fellow member will be happy to accommodate you.

Hey Ken Crowell! Its me Gary Berger! email me sometime at: [email protected]

I'm back in the NSX Corral!

Back