2000 T white/tan, 52k miles. Price?

Comptech exhaust, headers, clutch, I'd say B to B+ condition, front lip was all sorts of torn up. It was a daily driver from Dallas they said. Its at a dealer in Colorado Springs, and they want $62-65 or something like that, I thought it was high, (mileage?). It is a certified car.

Also, it was hard to find 5th gear, is there supposed to be a gate to keep from shifting over to reverse when going to fifth?

Any ideas on a good price?

TIA
Jeff

Are they gonna fix the front lip? I never heard of buying a certified car with that kind of damage

Rai Zero said:
Are they gonna fix the front lip? I never heard of buying a certified car with that kind of damage

It was the black plastic bottom lip. I'd imagine it would be easily replaceable (?).

wishlist said:
Comptech exhaust, headers, clutch, I'd say B to B+ condition, front lip was all sorts of torn up. It was a daily driver from Dallas they said. Its at a dealer in Colorado Springs, and they want $62-65 or something like that, I thought it was high, (mileage?). It is a certified car.

Also, it was hard to find 5th gear, is there supposed to be a gate to keep from shifting over to reverse when going to fifth?

Any ideas on a good price?

It's more difficult to price a car with mods than one that is stock, because every combination of mods is unique, and the number of buyers willing to buy any particular combination of mods is small.

It's also more difficult to price a car with unusually high mileage, and with NSXs averaging 5K miles per year, this car certainly qualifies.

It should NOT be hard to find fifth gear. Yes, there is a gate, requiring a significant difference in pressure.

Because this car is not comparable to most other cars on the market, due to the mods and the high mileage, it's difficult to do anything other than guess at a reasonable value. My guess would be low to mid fifties. For $62-65K, you should be able to find a nice 2000 (or later) with below-average miles and no issues.

Re: Re: 2000 T white/tan, 52k miles. Price?

nsxtasy said:
It's more difficult to price a car with mods than one that is stock, because every combination of mods is unique, and the number of buyers willing to buy any particular combination of mods is small.

It's also more difficult to price a car with unusually high mileage, and with NSXs averaging 5K miles per year, this car certainly qualifies.

It should NOT be hard to find fifth gear. Yes, there is a gate, requiring a significant difference in pressure.

Because this car is not comparable to most other cars on the market, due to the mods and the high mileage, it's difficult to do anything other than guess at a reasonable value. My guess would be low to mid fifties. For $62-65K, you should be able to find a nice 2000 (or later) with below-average miles and no issues.

They asked me what I would pay and I told them low 50ish. The guy said other on the internet were going for low 60's, I just told him not w/ those miles. I also don't see the mods as a good thing. I'd imagine if they really wanted to sell it they'd let it go for 55.

As far as fifth gear is concerned, is the gate pressure there only when moving? I just shifted through the gears w/ the car running in neutral. They wanted me to take it out, but I wasn't quite ready for that yet ;)

Thanks for the response, jsut trying to verify my thoughts on pricing.

Back