2000 Silverstone in Pompano...Beware JH4NA216XYT000078

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...0&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=296

Huge thanks to my fellow owners in South Fl. that helped me out with investigating this car.
I spoke with salesman via email for a few weeks and found him to be very evasive, not answering questions directly, and making promises but never backing them up.
First and foremost, I was told that this car is getting a BRAND NEW engine from Japan that is being covered under Acura warranty. I found this to be very odd and could never get a solid answer as to why it needs a new engine. I asked him several times for pictures of car no matter what condition the car is in but still, no pictures.
Sadly, this information was passed on to me from another owner that was calling on my behalf and was going to go inspect the car personally. He was told that it wasn't drivable for quite some time. The salesman NEVER mentioned this to me until I started asking why it was in service. He at first said it was something to do with a window problem. He later comes back and says he didn't want to mention the engine problem until he knew for fact that it was being replaced. He did state that he asked the tech what was wrong with the engine and was told it needed: block, HG's, and a few other things....that seemed very strange to me.
After talking with another owner and thinking real hard about it, I chose to back away from this deal.
The salesmans name is Robert Black.

Last edited:
Re: 2000 Silverstone in Pompano...Beware

you left out "engine" after brand new

Hopefully you didn't have to think too hard. I mean, sounds like a disaster from first contact.

Well, I wanted to give someone the benefit of the doubt for a few times. It is a really good price on the car so I was willing to bend a little and put up with a few late emails.
However, upon finding out the other info, that changed things quickly.
I'll just continue my slow, methodical search for one.

you could talk them down some more pointing out the issues. with a clear title and things sorted out this could be a nice car.

If you have it, can you post the VIN so that potential future owners can research this car?

I don't understand what is the issue? if it is really getting a Honda engine, then that's a huge bonus to me... not a detractor.

I don't understand what is the issue? if it is really getting a Honda engine, then that's a huge bonus to me... not a detractor.

It really wasn't an issue for me as after I found out about it I STILL inquired about the car and still asked for pictures.
Not a single picture was ever taken.
Makes me wonder just how bad they really want to sell it.

I sent an email to the dealership from the ad the same day this thread was started. I originally asked if they still had the car, the condition, mods and for pics. Here are the emails from them: Their emails are in red.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your recent request on the Acura NSX. I am looking forward to speaking with you soon, but I noticed there is a couple of pieces of information that are missing to help me make sure I provide you the most accurate information on your request.
Name: Craig
Address:
Home Phone:
Work Phone:
Cell Phone:
Email: craig******@yahoo.com
Alternative Email:
If you have any immediate questions please call Wes Lasher at 954-691-1244.
Sincerely,
Wes Lasher
Business Development Center Director
Direct Line: (954) 691-1244
Phil Smith Acura

I reply with:
Thanks for the quick reply. At this point, I'd rather just communicate through email. I am a serious shopper and would first like to know the answers to the basic questions I asked. If it sounds like something I'm interested in, I'll call you to pursue further. Anything else you can share about the car would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

I then get:
Hi Craig ,
I just left you a voicemail in regard to the Acura NSX. I have a few questions that I need you to answer so I can provide accurate information to you.
What would be a convenient time to talk? Would later today or tomorrow be best for you? If you would call me directly my number is (954) 785-7100 x242 and I will answer all the questions you might have.

At Phil Smith Acura, we quote a price upfront to all our Internet customers. If you are looking to purchase or lease your next Acura NSX hassle free, then Phil Smith Acura Internet Buying Club is the way to go for you.

Sincerely,Eugene A.Grazia
(954) 785-7100 x242

So I respond with:
Again, thank you for the quick response. I have not given you my phone number. I'm not sure how you left me a v/m. If you could please answer my original question, I would greatly appreciate it. What kind of shape is the car in? Any modifications of any kind? Any accidents? Does everything work properly? Anything else you can tell me about the car would be greatly appreciated as well as any pics you could send since your ad did not have any.

Then:
Hi Craig, I will have pictures taken on wed and get them to you you are first in line , if you want the car you can put a refundable deposit on it and it will be held for you I am having some engine work done to it so wed is the soonest i can get the pics to you. If you have any questions please feel free to call me or reply to this. thanks Robert

I would really like to see the pictures of the car. Please forward them to me as soon as you have them. What type of engine work is being done to the car? Regular maint? What about my other concerns? How is the rest of the car? Any accidents, etc....?

Exterior of the car is mint, we are putting a brand new engine in it from Acura, interior is very clean also. I will send pics as soon as it is ready thanks Robert

Really? Why does it need a new engine?

I will find out something to do with the head gasket and te block.

That was Tuesday morning. I didn't hear anything so today I sent this:

Did you ever find out why it needs a new engine? Any updates on the pictures?

No response yet. Keep in mind it's now Thursday evening and I first contacted them on Monday around the same time. What a bunch of jokers. Why the games? This is not a Ford their trying to sell.

I sent an email to the dealership from the ad the same day this thread was started. I originally asked if they still had the car, the condition, mods and for pics. Here are the emails from them: Their emails are in red.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your recent request on the Acura NSX. I am looking forward to speaking with you soon, but I noticed there is a couple of pieces of information that are missing to help me make sure I provide you the most accurate information on your request.
Name: Craig
Address:
Home Phone:
Work Phone:
Cell Phone:
Email: craig******@yahoo.com
Alternative Email:
If you have any immediate questions please call Wes Lasher at 954-691-1244.
Sincerely,
Wes Lasher
Business Development Center Director
Direct Line: (954) 691-1244
Phil Smith Acura

I reply with:
Thanks for the quick reply. At this point, I'd rather just communicate through email. I am a serious shopper and would first like to know the answers to the basic questions I asked. If it sounds like something I'm interested in, I'll call you to pursue further. Anything else you can share about the car would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

I then get:
Hi Craig ,
I just left you a voicemail in regard to the Acura NSX. I have a few questions that I need you to answer so I can provide accurate information to you.
What would be a convenient time to talk? Would later today or tomorrow be best for you? If you would call me directly my number is (954) 785-7100 x242 and I will answer all the questions you might have.

At Phil Smith Acura, we quote a price upfront to all our Internet customers. If you are looking to purchase or lease your next Acura NSX hassle free, then Phil Smith Acura Internet Buying Club is the way to go for you.

Sincerely,Eugene A.Grazia
(954) 785-7100 x242

So I respond with:
Again, thank you for the quick response. I have not given you my phone number. I'm not sure how you left me a v/m. If you could please answer my original question, I would greatly appreciate it. What kind of shape is the car in? Any modifications of any kind? Any accidents? Does everything work properly? Anything else you can tell me about the car would be greatly appreciated as well as any pics you could send since your ad did not have any.

Then:
Hi Craig, I will have pictures taken on wed and get them to you you are first in line , if you want the car you can put a refundable deposit on it and it will be held for you I am having some engine work done to it so wed is the soonest i can get the pics to you. If you have any questions please feel free to call me or reply to this. thanks Robert

I would really like to see the pictures of the car. Please forward them to me as soon as you have them. What type of engine work is being done to the car? Regular maint? What about my other concerns? How is the rest of the car? Any accidents, etc....?

Exterior of the car is mint, we are putting a brand new engine in it from Acura, interior is very clean also. I will send pics as soon as it is ready thanks Robert

Really? Why does it need a new engine?

I will find out something to do with the head gasket and te block.

That was Tuesday morning. I didn't hear anything so today I sent this:

Did you ever find out why it needs a new engine? Any updates on the pictures?

No response yet. Keep in mind it's now Thursday evening and I first contacted them on Monday around the same time. What a bunch of jokers. Why the games? This is not a Ford their trying to sell.

Wow, that is almost EXACTLY the same emails that I got. And the same words.
The first 'salesperson' to contact me was a Robert Black. He said the same things.
Then I used a different email address and was contacted by someone named Eugene.
Neither one has provided pics. Robert said he would as soon as they found the dealerships digital camera. Odd that they can take pictures of other cars though....
Eugene sent me two emails at the same time. One was just words and the other had a little cartoon with it.
I have emailed him everyday since Saturday and haven't gotten a single response.

Man, you guys must must have nothing but time on your hands to play with these criminals. I wish someone could just go to their "dealership" and see the "car". Of course it just does not exist.

Ok, just got a response from them. He sent the pics and also a form to submit a deposit with. I think that's pretty bold considering how hard it was to get any questions answered. The guy even spelled his own name wrong at the end, but I think it's quite fitting.

Here are the first pics of the car you are the first one to see them, the brand new engine purrrrs like a kitten and runs like it is a brand new engin the car is in great shape and will go fast if you want it see attached forms the price is 44K,
I will take a 3000 deposit on a credit card to take it off the market and send all the paperwork to you to finalize the deal thanks Robery

Attachments

• window hd 001.jpg
    window hd 001.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
  • window hd 002.jpg
    window hd 002.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 66
  • window hd 003.jpg
    window hd 003.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
  • window hd 004.jpg
    window hd 004.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 56
  • window hd 005.jpg
    window hd 005.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 63
  • window hd 006.jpg
    window hd 006.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 65
  • window hd 007.jpg
    window hd 007.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 56
  • window hd 008.jpg
    window hd 008.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 69
  • window hd 009.jpg
    window hd 009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 60
Ok, just got a response from them. He sent the pics and also a form to submit a deposit with. I think that's pretty bold considering how hard it was to get any questions answered. The guy even spelled his own name wrong at the end, but I think it's quite fitting.

Here are the first pics of the car you are the first one to see them, the brand new engine purrrrs like a kitten and runs like it is a brand new engin the car is in great shape and will go fast if you want it see attached forms the price is 44K,
I will take a 3000 deposit on a credit card to take it off the market and send all the paperwork to you to finalize the deal thanks Robery

bummer, I had emails promising me the car and the price would be $38895 even WITH the new engine but I deleted them.

Valve cover looks kinda dirty for being a brand new motor.Unless of coarse they installed a short block.

In the future you may want to make the effort to call and speak to the salesperson at least once during the process of gathering information. I'm not defending the salesman in any way, but being in sales myself I take a buyer who takes the time to call alot more seriously then someone who just emails. It's obviouse to me, being in sales, that both the sales guys were attempting to get you to call to see that you were for real.
Anyone of any age can send an email, you would be amazed how many dreamers and losers will respond to ads with no intention of buyng, I would imagine even more so in the car game. A phone call puts a voice to the name and makes you stand out from the pack and assures the salesrep he's not wasting his time with some 14 year old snotty nosed kid.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
In the future you may want to make the effort to call and speak to the salesperson at least once during the process of gathering information. I'm not defending the salesman in any way but being in sales myself I take a buyer who takes the time to call alot more seriously then someone who just emails.
Anyone of any age can send an email, you would be amazed how many dreamers and losers will respond to ads with no intention of buyng. A phone call puts a voice to the name and makes you stand out from the pack.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with this completely, but they also have this on their website and at the end of all of their emails.

"At Phil Smith Acura, we quote a price upfront to all our Internet customers. If you are looking to purchase or lease your next Acura NSX hassle free, then Phil Smith Acura Internet Buying Club is the way to go for you."

They have an internet department for internet customers. To me, this was nothing but a hassle.

I agree with this completely, but they also have this on their website and at the end of all of their emails.

"At Phil Smith Acura, we quote a price upfront to all our Internet customers. If you are looking to purchase or lease your next Acura NSX hassle free, then Phil Smith Acura Internet Buying Club is the way to go for you."

They have an internet department for internet customers. To me, this was nothing but a hassle.

As I said, I'm not defending them, just thought I would offer a differant perspective. I have found myself neglecting to answer a buyers email thinking... here we go again....lol. Not right, but then agian we all do things we know are not right..even salespeople. It's unfortunate that the majority of "buyers" are tire kickers and they ruin it for others. Anyhow..good luck with your search and try and make contact by phone as soon as you can, I think you'll find it much easier to get the info you're loking for.

Last edited:
Back