2000 nsx ..jacksonville fl. jh4na2164yt000254

Ive seen this car on ebay a couple of times and on all the other sites ...for sale by honda of the avenues..asking in the mid 30;s.. from all the pictures it looks good but one thing that bothers me is that it was once sold at coparts auction a site that sells salvage cars even though it says clean title ...clean carfax.........anyone......

this car was owned by a prime member he also lives in jacksonville fl. a friend talked to him and he explained why it was in an auction not as a salvage but just for a quick sale but that didn;t happen so a dealer ended up with it... he was very helpful offering info on the car...

So I was considering this one as it's only a few hours for me to go see. I saw they tried to ebay it last weekend and bidding stalled at $28k, a long way from the advertised price of $39,998. Any advice (based on what little we know about the car) what it should actually sell for? I was thinking that allowances should be made for TB, WP and other misc repairs as a form of negot. Thoughts?

So I was considering this one as it's only a few hours for me to go see. I saw they tried to ebay it last weekend and bidding stalled at $28k, a long way from the advertised price of $39,998. Any advice (based on what little we know about the car) what it should actually sell for? I was thinking that allowances should be made for TB, WP and other misc repairs as a form of negot. Thoughts?

Its only 15 minutes from me if you want me to check it out.

i made them an offer after doing my DD ..they are considering it and said they would answer me by friday...my offer is conditional on a few factors they have yet not confirmed such as tb wp ..etc..if a prime member could go by and check it out ..that would be great

Let me know if it doesn't work out. I'm just starting the shopping process. Ideally I'd like a 2000 model with a manual, so this one fits the bill.

....i don;t want to sound as if i have this deal is locked up because money talks...&..... so my offer will expire fri according to the internet manager and then if there is any thing I can help you with PM me ...

I will go and check this car out. Take it for a spin. Give you my report.

OK. I checked out the car.

No really noticeable scratches that I saw. Small one on the trunk.

The 2002 light update is nice. The interior looks good. Ware on the bolsters is minimal. Everything looks good.

Driving the car felt great. The clutch felt heavy to me. Not 100% sure that is an OEM clutch. Mine is much lighter. The car did not have have any rattles, and felt tight.

The wheels are a little scuffed up, but not too bad.

Ray sad the Timing Belt and Water pump and all hoses were changed at 70K miles, which is odd that he would do all that and then sell it - but I would check with Acura of Orange park and see what they can tell you.

Overall, I see no reason not to buy this car. If the above was done, I think $39K is a pretty damn good price.

Good Luck!

FIRST: thanks for your time and expertize ...I will be giving him a deposit later today ..with your inspection i feel more confident......the previous owner told me that the slave master cyl.was changed (I think i;m saying that right) could that possibly explain the feeling of the clucth... Is there anything that you saw that I could order while the car is at the dealer ..tires were good etc.

FIRST: thanks for your time and expertize ...I will be giving him a deposit later today ..with your inspection i feel more confident......the previous owner told me that the slave master cyl.was changed (I think i;m saying that right) could that possibly explain the feeling of the clucth... Is there anything that you saw that I could order while the car is at the dealer ..tires were good etc.

You will need new tires, but if you are going to go with aftermarket rims, then I wouldnt worry about it.

this purchase taps my budget for this year so if there is nothing immediate that has to be done that would be perfect...I realize that you didn;t give it the 150 point acura check up but if you saw anything ...air ...windows ...etc ...when I asked him about the tires of course he said 70% good but all in all I like it and again thanks for time

this purchase taps my budget for this year so if there is nothing immediate that has to be done that would be perfect...I realize that you didn;t give it the 150 point acura check up but if you saw anything ...air ...windows ...etc ...when I asked him about the tires of course he said 70% good but all in all I like it and again thanks for time

Air blew very cold. I put both windows up and down no problem.

You will need new tires for sure.

Since you've locked the deal, can I ask what the final offer was? I'm still going to be looking for a 2000-02 model so I'd like to see what the market is bearing. Thanks!

received the car today ...IT:S A BEAUTY....previous owner was very helpful even though he was pissed at the dealer for trade in price supplied all records and history ..netviper took the time to take a look and report back that he saw no reason not to buy it and was RIGHT.... even the salesman at the honda dealer went the extra mile to make it happen...the schooling i received from prime ...a lot of homework ...got me a good price on a great car..

received the car today ...IT:S A BEAUTY....previous owner was very helpful even though he was pissed at the dealer for trade in price supplied all records and history ..netviper took the time to take a look and report back that he saw no reason not to buy it and was RIGHT.... even the salesman at the honda dealer went the extra mile to make it happen...the schooling i received from prime ...a lot of homework ...got me a good price on a great car..

Congrats! Thats a great price with TB/WP done (assuming its somewhere between 29 and 39)

What was the mileage again?

To Hemi, I dont think you can really take much as "market indicative" with the 2000+

Take a look at the Wiki... For any year beyond 1992, the numbers just get smaller and smaller. By the time you hit the facelift cars (02+), the production #s are ridiculous.

You can get really lucky possibly, and find someone who *desperately* needs to sell, but realistically, I think this deal here is about as good as you can possibly expect (and I think this deal here is pretty rare - 91,92's dont go for much less)

Back