2 Year Anniversary - The Year in Pictures

I did a 1 year anniversary thread last year at this time, but didn't put much effort into it. I hope y'all like this year's thread better.

I began the second year very much like the first, with an extended road trip. This time my job had me traveling to Baltimore for a few days and afforded me all the time in the world to get home, so I took it. Once again, my NSX and I found ourselves far from Florida and driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

P1010086.jpg

Let me tell you guys, there is no more beautiful drive in this part of the US. If you're east of the Mississippi, you should do this at least once. It was so beautiful, I almost smiled. Almost.

P1010047.jpg

There is a breathtaking vista literally around every bend.

P1010017.jpg

Doing this at the end of April and beginning of May two years in a row now makes me think this is a rare and undiscovered treasure. There is almost no other traffic. It's just me and the squirrels (and they'd better get out of my way!).

P1010013.jpg

If I ever get tired of driving this car, just bury me.

P1010003.jpg

Breathtaking!

P1010029.jpg

Alas, all good things must end, even 450+ mile drives through the mountains.

img_1275mc.jpg

Before I rejoined the Interstate Highway network headed south to Florida, I did manage a detour to the Tail of the Dragon. Thank you Killboy, for being there to take some pictures!

IMG_2323.jpg

Returning home a short while later, I made a marvelous discovery. A neighbor down the street and around the corner had bought an NSX of his very own! Oh, the fun we had, cruising together, swapping seats. Sadly, he suffered a bout of madness a few months later and sold his car, leaving me all alone...

IMG_2619.jpg

Around the end of June, I saddled up and pointed my car towards Kansas via the back roads of Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Stopping in Tulsa, I caught up with my old friend, Sam, who had just recently bought an airplane! Of course, we had to go for a ride in that. :)

IMG_2725.jpg

Arriving at the old homestead in Kansas, I find yet again that you really can't go home. It may be in the middle of the map, but these days it feels like the end of the world.

IMG_2730.jpg

End. Of. The. World.

IMG_2875.jpg

The end of August found us in North Carolina, just a few short miles from the Tail of the Dragon. This time we had a cabin located right on a beautiful trout stream and a week to waste. Sadly, it was not to be, and personal circumstances cut our trip short. We did make the best of the time we had however, and will surely be back again some day!

IMG_3452.jpg

Hey, it's Halloween! We have the best time at Halloween.

IMG_3759.jpg

Around the beginning of December I found myself in need of a truck... Who am I fooling? I don't need no stinking truck! Me and #2 son journey out for a Christmas tree.

IMG_3801.jpg

And Christmas trees mean Christmas presents, right? I had to get those boxes to work to ship somehow, so once again my trusty steed comes to the rescue!

IMG_3930.jpg

12 years old, 87,000 miles, driven daily in all conditions, she still shines.

IMG_3936.jpg

The paint has its share of flaws, mostly microscopic rock chips and the occasional inexplicable little scratch, but the finish still has a buttery sheen that is hard to describe and impossible to capture with my poor little digi-cam.

IMG_3984.jpg

Somewhere right around Christmas, I made an amazing find. Another Brooklands Green Pearl NSX right here in Sarasota. We made a really fun run in January with the S2000 guys.

IMG_4000.jpg

Gotta love these Florida January afternoons!

IMG_4061.jpg

Wrapping up this year in pictures, my NSX parked at work, just as it is 200+ other days per year. Still looks great!

IMG_4709.jpg

As the year ends, my car experiences something new -- sleeping under cover in the driveway as my wife's car just got its front clip re-sprayed and is claiming the limited garage space for a couple months. A temporary situation. I promise. ;)

In the spirit of sharing the joy, I let more than a couple people drive my car this year. There was Kelly the bartender who loved the experience. I also let my buddy Sam drive but then he let me fly his airplane so it only seemed fair. I gave his brother-in-law a chance too and it seemed much appreciated. Also, #2 son got his chance and finally this year my wife has started to feel comfortable taking the NSX upon rare occasion without me.

To celebrate this anniversary, I have this week ordered my first mods. On their way to me right now are intake, headers, and exhaust and while they're being installed I am going to get current on all maintenance and make sure everything is 100% from one end of the car to the other. Just as it should be.

So, year #2 is over. 15 states and 14,000 miles and the car was perfect. I can't wait for year #3.

edit to add:
First Anniversary Album - 25 pictures

Second Anniversary Album - 33 pictures

Last edited:
Very, Very well done!! Love that 2nd pic - great job

Very motivational! You are 100% right about the Blue Ridge Parkway. Here in NC everything started blooming last week so the next month would be a particularly awesome time to make the drive on the BRP.

Super cool! It makes me want to sort through all of those picture that I have sitting around of my NSX is various locations. :tongue: :cool:

Great write up! You should have called while in Kansas! We could have compared '95 Green NSX's. And not all of Kansas looks as bleak as you note, but you captured most of the state in those photos.

Next time you're in Kansas, send me a PM.

Super cool! It makes me want to sort through all of those picture that I have sitting around of my NSX is various locations. :tongue: :cool:
Do it! I know you and your NSX get around quite a bit.

Say, how far are you from Carmel IN? I travel there for business a couple times a year and am thinking one of these trips I will drive instead of fly. Should I drop you a note?

Great write up! You should have called while in Kansas! We could have compared '95 Green NSX's. And not all of Kansas looks as bleak as you note, but you captured most of the state in those photos.

Next time you're in Kansas, send me a PM.

I was kicking myself when I got back for not thinking to search for KS NSXs. I was even in Wichita for a day catching up with some friends. I was born & raised in Ark City and left for good in '95. I'll let you know the next time I'm around.

That was a nice departure. Thank you! Really enjoyed living vicariously through your travels. The commentary was first rate also. Hope to follow a similar route one day...

Nice review, I cringe when I saw that Christmas Tree on the car. :eek: Maybe you should think about getting a truck.

Nice review, I cringe when I saw that Christmas Tree on the car. :eek: Maybe you should think about getting a truck.
Heh, sometimes it's fun to make people cringe. :biggrin: What about the two of us sitting in the car while painted bright red from head to foot?

No truck for me though. I refuse to pay for another vehicle that would do nothing but sit in the back yard 99% of the time. What I really want to do is have a trailer hitch installed on my wife's SLK and get one of those little lightweight fold-up trailers from Harbor Freight and paint it glossy black to match. I could hang the trailer on my fence and cover it when not in use.

I've been getting some resistance to that plan from my wife though. I need to get it all lined up and then the next time she's out of town for a few days... :wink:

Back