2.49 % Penfed auto loan

Just a heads up for those shopping or currently borrowing..Pentagon financial has some crazy low rates right now for new, used, and refi...2.49%!!! There are certain conditions with the refi, but a good deal nonetheless.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for those shopping or currently borrowing..Pentagon financial has some crazy low rates right now for new, used, and refi...2.49%!!! There certain conditions with the refi, but a good deal nonetheless.

I can confirm it's a solid deal and the folks at PenFed were very helpful though every step of the process. You will have to call in during the loan process and have them find NADA value for the NSX as it doesn't come up in the VIN list loan app thingie online. Expect extra paperwork, pictures, etc if you are aiming for an early model. Yes, they will carry a note on a 1991 NSX assuming good credit, income ratio, etc... which makes PenFed one of very few options available if you are targeting an older NSX.
FYI, they issue a two party check naming titleholder and purchaser.

I financed my Zanardi through them, great bank.

Penfed is great. I'm not military, so I made a donation and got in a year or so ago. Had a loan on my 09 MX5 and when I paid it off, title in the mail. No hassles, easy to make payments.

BUMP!

2.49% for 60 months on a 1997 NSX!

I was surprised I got this rate, being the first loan I have ever applied for besides student loans.

Thanks Prime for telling me about this!!

+1. I used them to refi my DD. They are also now affiliated with USAA for insurance, so be sure to get an insurance quote from them.

Thank you for the heads up...I just applied now I need to find the right NSX:smile:

FYI with PenFed the car must have under 100k miles to get 60 month term, 100-120k and they loan for 24 months. They will not loan for a car with over 120k miles

I tried applying for a purchase loan but the NSX was not listed in their "database of cars".

Anyone get the same problem? I haven't tried calling them yet.

they have a hard time finding the NSX in their database but be persistent and have them look it up via various sources. I had mine financed through them as well. it's a great bank.

they have a hard time finding the NSX in their database but be persistent and have them look it up via various sources. I had mine financed through them as well. it's a great bank.

Same here. I gave them the VIN and they initially had trouble finding it. Stayed on the phone for about 10 minutes until they were able to find it.

Back